1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about your 680

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shutupandshoot, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shutupandshoot

shutupandshoot Member

The friend I am trying to help purchase a trap gun has looked at a 680 on the internet and another friend has one for sale. I shoot a 680 and just love the gun. The friend whose is looking says "They don't make that gun anymore and I think I want a newer model" He did however look at a 680. I WOULD LIKE SOME THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ON THE 680 TO PASS ON TO HIM - GOOD OR BAD. IT WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND ABOUT MY 680. My 680 has the checkering sanded off the forearm and has a PFS stock. The gun is painted Rasberry. If you are wondering what that looks like, e-mail me at sjdrous@msn and I will send you a picture. You may hate it but I like it

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

All I can say is that I'd much rather have one of the older receivers (680,682) than the newer gold E version.

ec90t

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

ec90t, why do you feel the older receivers are better than the new Gold E model. What changed?

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I've had a few 682's and they all were older ones. I've taken apart a few of the 682 gold E receivers and find the fit and finish inside the receiver to be a little less meticulous.

I just like the craftsmanship of the older ones better than the newer ones.

ec90t

5. B682GX

B682GX TS Member

I have 2 Greystone 682 Golds, Trap X & Sporting, both circa late 90s, & a newer 682 Gold E. Never have had any problems with them. Can't tell the difference in performance or balance, but I like the looks of the Greystone better.

6. shutupandshoot

shutupandshoot Member

I understand that the newer models, especially the Gold and Gold E, there are certain things that cannot be replaced on the receiver as they wear as can be on the older models like the 680 and 682.

7. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

After a handful of 687s and several (different bbl length) 682 Gold Es, I treated myself to a Cole 680.

8. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Shot a 680 for years have a 682 now both have served me well. I have a friend that won the Grand has the ring to prove it and shot a 680 to win it thats good enough for me.

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Gold E,

What a beautiful Beretta!

ec90t

10. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

I have several from 680 to 687, really like them all.

tony

11. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I have a 686 X-Trap, (34 single, 32 O/U), and a 687 Sporting (32 O/U), as well as a DT-10 (32 O/U for sporting and 30 O/U trap barrels).

I love all three.

I see no real difference between the 686 and 687 (the 686 is a Mobil choke gun). I've never had a problem with any of them.

As I understand it the 'new' 682E's come from old receivers found when Beretta moved production from val Tropmia to Beretta Duo. They had to figure out something to do with them, so they added new barrels and sent them to the USA as a 'new specialty gun.'

Go figure.

I've never had one apart, so I cannot comment on the 'insides' of the 682E, but the whole 680 series is easily rebuilt, and Beretta has purpose built parts in over-sized increments to aid in doing this correctly.

12. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

Sold mine, it was a combo, never could get the o/u barrels to shoot in same place. They have a reputation for that. The Browning is a better gun at this price range. Bruce

13. shutupandshoot

shutupandshoot Member

Thanks for everyone's input. It is appreciated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.