1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

I am from a really small club and we are having a hard time getting even three people together to register targets. I will make the state req's and will most likely go to the Grand for a few days.
    Because of economy and time, I wish we could shoot some skeet and trap at opur club without costing a arm and leg. There was a small skeet shoot a week back and I was going to shoot for fun. It would have cost me about $140 to shoot 200 skeet targets. I would have had to join NSSA and pay dailys. Just wasn't worth it and they needed shooters. If skeeters wanted to shoot with us the deal would be about the same. a little less but still too much to shoot for a day just for fun. Before you say to have a fun shoot and not register targets, we and they will not do that with target prices being what they are. If you plunk down the dough, you want at least to have targets counted toeard a requirement.
    I do so wish there was an agreement that ATA and NSSA would recognize each others memberships for fun shoots where ther is no money to be played. Pay the dailys and target fees and have fun for just a day or two a year without a unreasonable expense.
    God forbid we get new shooters who won't or can't travel and might support a local club.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

I was just thinking how nice it would be to be able to compete in Cowboy Action Fun Shoots...given that I've paid my dues to the National Field Archery Ass'n.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's a good idea. Skeet and Sporting Clays have gotten together on a joint membership. It would be nice if there was a triple play available. HMB

4. Gunnerandbabe

Gunnerandbabe TS Member

I,ts not going to happen.

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Good idea in concept but who pays the people and the record keeping to keep track of the targets?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

In the computer age it shouldn't be a problem. Maybe we could enter them ourselves. Just like the self checkout at the supermarket. HMB

7. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I think it's hard to understand why some should pay to register targets and some not, Jim. Aren't they all getting about the same service? Why should some not have to pay daily fees?

The office runs at about "break-even." That means that dues and daily fees pay the bills. The bills won't change so if some pay nothing others will have to pay more. Why should they be expected to support those who, it seems to me, simply want a product and not pay for it?

Neil

8. TheGentleman

TheGentleman TS Member

NSSA has Complimentary memberships for those wishing to shoot registered targets to see how a shooter likes it before having to join as a full member. Daily fees still need to be paid but you don't have to "join" the NSSA to shoot a registered event.

9. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

The complementry membership program is for those shooters who have NEVER been a NSSA or NSCA Member. So only good for one season then you have to join.

Not that I am for or against membership dues but there is a a reason to join the specific organization the revenue generated just keeps the organization afloat.

Ronbo

10. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Neil: All due respect. I said in the opener PAY THE DAILY and TARGET FEES. Other poster--I know there is a one time complimentary Skeet deal for ONE YEAR. CowBoy--I never thought about what you said, It would be great fun to load up a six gun once or twice a year without buying a chuck wagon and five matched gray's to pull it.
    Fellows, my thought was that it would be nice to be able to shoot more than one dicipline at a club without going whole hog in the orginization. I do not need a Skeet Review and as far as paying target scorers, we never do that in Trap anyway. Somebody sits out a round and scores and we swap up the chore. Skeet is a little different as the ref needs to me much more intent on what is going on and making the proper rulings. I think all registered shoots need to compensate the ref in some way. BUT__BUT___BUT I"M talking about a club shoot for the fun of the fellowship and sport. Again read my post NO MONEY OR PRIZES---JUST FUN Maybe let the all knowing computer track a complimentary 500 targets in a given discipline in a year and then pay full portion to keep going. Neil the offices take a split of the dailys and what I would like to see would give them more than they have now.
    Read my post again--I never said to NOT PAY the orginization for the daily fees or targets. I would just like to shoot with my friends more and have them shoot with me without going into hock for one or two small shoots a year.
    What is Caesars' pay to Caesar! Come tio think about it I'll bet he would have been a heck of a 27 yarder!
    At Least your thinking about it!
    Thanks
    jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.