Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Do You Tell The NRA??

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  noknock1 
#1 ·
I am an annual member of the NRA. I believe in the work they do for us and support them with what i can. One of my biggest pet peeves is phone soliciters. When i get unsolicited calls from people wanting money i can be quite rude at times. I really hate to be rude to an organization i support but i don't have money to dish out everytime they call. What do you guys/gals tell the NRA when they call asking for money?? I mean its annoying to get calls monthly and sometimes even weekly. Any ideas?

Matt

#3 ·
The first year I joined I got so many calls that I finally told them that if I get one more call I want my money back and take me off the NRA membership list.. they pestered the HE double hocky sticks out of me for about 6 months then it all stopped and havent gotten a call in 3 years.. they will probably call tonight..

#5 ·
It's not the NRA that's calling you. It's some logistics company down south that's been hired to do phone solicitations from a membership list. They don't know you and really don't care what you think of the company they represent. You won't hurt their feelings if you tell them take your name off their call list and they won't turn you in to the NRA.

MK

#6 ·
The calls to my house run in spurts. I'll get calls weekly and monthly for awhile and then none for a few months. I've told them numerous times to quit calling and that i'll donate when i can. Seems i always get somebody different and they know nothing of me telling the last one to stop calling. Do they use some sort of calling service not even affiated with the NRA? Its always says NRA on my caller ID. I've got where i don't answer the calls anymore but then they just call more. Guess i'll have to call them and see about being taken off the mailing/call list. I'm just afraid i'll miss something important by not getting the mailers. What that would be i don't know. Guess i'm not the only one having this issue.

Matt

#7 ·
MK--You answered my question on the calling service while i was posting mine. I'll have to call and request the no-call list until renewal time which i do at the Grand when possible.

Matt

#11 ·
I have a answering machine that I listen to when it rings. Most of the time nothing is said. Some do leave a message and then I delete it. With people running for office I will call their office and tell them that my answering machine is not for their use and to not ever call me again or I will call my lawyer because I'm on a do not call list.

The NRA does not call me at all. I can't remember when they called last. I'm a lifer for the last 41 years and proud to be so.

#12 ·
Auctioneer---I believe that Politicians and/or Political stuff are exempt from the No-call list policy. They could have changed that recently but i'm pretty sure it was that way for quite some time.

Matt

#14 ·
I too am a life member.

Since I signed up for the life membership not a singel call - other than at election time urging me to vote. I can live with that.

#15 ·
I have been a life member for almost ever (36 years) and used to get notices to renew my membership which of course was not going to happen being as to the best of my knowledge this life isn't over yet ... I sent them letters, E Mails, and wasted phone calls for a long time, then I started sending their stuff back to them torn in pieces in the provided envelope they sent in the package ... I think it was a combination of everything but they finally stopped after several years, I hope I have not spoke to soon ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

#20 ·
Before I became a life member, I asked to be on the reduced/ no contact list and it worked fine.

Although life member, I still regularly contribute financially to the NRA and try to recruit at least one new member a month.

The ongoing joke at work is... "if you buy a gun and don't join the NRA, well keep it a secret..." lol...

I also donate to GOA, although I truly believe those dollars are pretty much wasted.

The SAF also gets my money as they are very proactive when it comes to suing municipalities and all other levels of local, state and federal government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.