Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What do you pay

3K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  Pat Ireland 
#1 ·
What do you pay for ata targets. This is what they are charging in omaha 100 singles 30.00 100 handcap 33.00 50 pair doubles 30.00 Added money 525.00. Most of the time i pay around 18.50 to 20.50.This club is just to high.

#2 ·
I have paid $25/100 at area shoots + fees. One of the ranges offers $75/500 targets.

At our recently held inaugural targets-only event, we made the decision to keep target pricing at "practice" levels to encourage participation in registering targets... presently $13/100 + fees. That may change, but that's our policy for now.

Jay

#3 ·
San Diego Shotgun Sports (one of the most expensive places to live) is only $30 for 100 singles, $30 for 100 handicap and $30 for 50 doubles. It takes good management to keep the costs down.

Bucko43

#6 ·
$19-$23 on average. Added money and more trophies for more classes ususlly raises the price a buck or two above that. Practice still $3 for members at out club but that has got to chang soon with our last target cost increase.

Jeff

#9 ·
Mr. Latham, Sir..Your idea is not new..the problem lies beyond the control of the local club..The state assoc. has to have their input to ok it for the ATA to accept the scores. It once acted as a clearing house so shoots very close to each other didn't step on toes. Now, I think it's just a check & balance to make sure they all get paid. I would love to open the fields whenever three or more wanted to register targets. Unfortunatly, it takes more time to get the ok then it does to shoot the targets. I think the delegates can ok a shoot with a phone call but I haven't tried that route, yet.

#13 ·
around here it will vari from as low as $15 per 100 up to $25 per 100. On top of that there are ATA and VTA daily fees of $5 per shooter per day. Our club fees are: ATA Daily Fee $2. VTA Daily Fee $3. Targets are $19 / 100 for first 100, $ 16 / 100 thereafter, with $4 returned: $1 to high gun, $3 to class winners. High gun gets his class first money plus $1 per shooter. The higher cost shoots usually provide trophies as well. I have won everything from leather to belt buckles to crystal ware to silver bowls and to be perfectly honest I am thrilled with each and every one.

--- Chip King ---

#19 ·
Big Jack/Capt. Rick-- The state secretary approves the shoot dates, not the Delegate. Some state secretaries will accept a telephone call, others will not.
Another way is to have the club schedule a lot of registered shoots and if not enough show up to shoot, there is no charge and little effort to cancel a shoot.

If you look carefully in Trap and Field, you can find clubs that schedule 200-300 registered shoots each year.

Pat Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.