1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what do you -hoard ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by acss, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i was caught off guard by a prospective customers wife--she was looking for a 303 32in barrel to buy as a gift for her loved one--i casually mentioned that i had 3 of these hard to find barrels--she called me a HOARDER!!! --and now that i that i look around--there are multiple beretta items, i just cant part with as they are scarce- but it aint the money-- so am i???????? -----------
    WHAT DO YOU HOARD?

2. shaggist

shaggist Member

According to my sister, I hoard EVERYTHING. I don't see it that way. LOL.

3. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I hoard anything that I might think I need. I just used some stainless steel 3/4" pipe that I had for 12 years on a project. It was 170" long and now I have 2" left. I have about 16,000 STS hulls stored in the barn. Forgot how many diff types of lumber I have. People at the club just ask me if I have something first before looking for it. LOL.

4. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Wally, I would Say for me it is Remington 90T,s. Joe W.

5. acss

joe-- i still miss my 90t HAR---i saw a gold plated one at the grand--the guy wudnt sell it to me

6. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

Old bourbon......At least for a while.

7. quartering

quartering Active Member

i don't hoard anything. but i do have several collections of valuable items stored away for future use

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

12 guage empty hulls. My garage rafters are curved downward, my attic has garbage bags full, and there are more than a dozen 56 quart storage boxes in the loading room closet. That's in addition to bags and boxes strategically located to trip over when I want to weigh a charge. If I shoot each one once I will be about 96 years old when I finish if I shoot a lot.

HM

9. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I have to say the most that I have stocked up on is stuff for my AR's. I have over 27,000 pieces of brass ( I used to teach the patrol rifle schools for my department) they were going to throw the brass away, so I collected it. And about 15,000 bullets and primers. I have 81 mags for 3 AR's. and about 4500 loaded rds of ammo. I figured when the Big Eared, Muslim Loving Shit Head took office, he would do everything in his power to piss away our gun rights and he is trying thru the UN Gun Ban treaty, to do just that.

Oscar

10. RWS52

RWS52 TS Member

Does 4 55 gal. drums of empty Gold Medal hulls from the 80's really count as "hoarding"? I doubt it, might need 'em someday.

11. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

I do not have a problem. 10,000 loaded rounds. 12,000 empties. 30,000 primers. 64 lbs of powder. 10,000 wads. Five reloaders. Leave me alone!

12. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Currently...........82 flats of new shells, somewhere in the vicinity of 20,000 reloaded shells, 91 bags of lead, 30-some thousand primers, a couple cases of wads, and more empty hulls than I will EVER reload.

But - I am not a hoarder. I prefer to call it "being prepared for the future".

13. dhip

dhip Active Member

Wife claims what ever I'm into at the moment.R/c Racing,still have some items from that,and that was years ago,,Fishing,even my Bass buddies claim I hoard lures and fishing rods,Now I'm into trap,just a little,wife's afraid I'll start hoarding guns,LOL,only have 1 now,(not including those I had before trap}but Friend has one I'm supposed to try out shortly,LMAO,,,..only 3rd year in so I'm slow starting.

Doug H.

14. acss

dhip-- we'll pray for you---the bug is in the air!! you gonna catch it!!!---ONE GUN???

15. APrice

APrice Active Member

Hulls here. I now have a supply that will certainly outlive me, but I still can't bring myself to walk past once-fired STS's laying on the ground.

16. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

I don't "HOARD" I collect. 20K primers 50 pouncs powder Hulls up the ying yang. Bullets---now that is a different story. 7-800 for each caliber and gun but my favorite is none of the above. My favorite two items are bank statements and pay stubs. Never know when you'll need a cancelled check from say April 6, 1969 or a paystub at $2.00 per hour?

17. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

I have MANY Belding & Mull visible powder measures.... very accurate and suitable for black powder. I have collections of things, but that is not, in the strict sense of the word, hoarding.

18. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Scrap wood pieces, used or extra screws, bolts, nuts, and washers. Seems I always have what I need.

19. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

My wife thinks I hoard everything. Like some of the above, I have 30 thousand primers, since I shoot skeet also, I have at least 3000 hulls each for the little guns and 8000 for the 12 ga, around 75 lbs of powder and the list goes on. Then theres around 30 crappie rigs, 20 bass rod n reels, at least 20 salt water reel n rods with tackle boxes so heavy you can't carry them. Six boats with some spare engines and the lists just go on. I won't number the guns in the safe's but they aren't expensive guns as the 686's are the highest value guns I have. My wife would say that is just the tip of the iceberg. Did I mention I have 15 reloaders. Me a hoarder, well sort of. LOL Jackie B.

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Over 600 bags of shot, mostly 7-1/2's.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.