1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do with the left elbow??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by starship, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starship

starship TS Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Just watched Harlan Campbell video. In going over a shooters setup he mentioned head, feet, eyes, etc. He also stated that the right elbow (right-hand shooter) should be parallel to the ground. No mention of what to do with the left elbow.

Is it parallel to the ground also? Straight down, angled just off the left hip?
    Also while I'm at it....what about the left hand? Any ideal way it should be on the forarm? Toward the front, in the middle, toward the trigger?

Does it all boil down to whatever is comforable for the shooter and that's why Cambell nor Kiner seem to address the issue??

2. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Years ago it was taught to keep the left elbow parallel also by some of the older greats--I try to do it most of the time,but I sometimes find my left elbow dipping. I don't personally think it does a lot but it does seem to help me swing more from the hip instead of arm swinging. In general the closer your hand on the forend the quicker the swing, the further out the slower. Find a comfortable compromise.
  3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I usually have the left elbow at a slight angle, grip the can firmly, with the right index finger lift.....oh never mind.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.