1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you do when....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by riss6270, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riss6270

riss6270 TS Member

I havnt been shooting as well as i would like. Im usually in the 22 23 and 24 range. A few 25s here and there. Im to the point where im getting angry because of my scores and just shoot like crap. So what does someone do in a situation like this? Quit shooting, shoot more?

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Keep shooting and build confidence. I have the same problem. Shot one target and ONLY one target at a time. Pattern your gun so you know were it is shooting. The targets are easy but the mind and eyes are the problem. practice practice

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Get someone qualified to be a shooting coach to observe you in action. You may not be aware of a bad habit or other problem yourself.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I know when I get that way it is because I don't stay in the gun long enough.
    Keep your head on the wood.

5. riss6270

riss6270 TS Member

My problem is at post 1 and post 5. I cant seem to get those ones that cut hard right and hard left. I shot 25 rounds at station 1 and 25 at 5 and still miss a few. 2 thru 4 im on it. I was thinking about getting that dry fire wall diagram that they show on here. Ive even tried skeet and sporting clays to better mt trap shooting.

6. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

On different occassions I have taken a few weeks off and on other occassions, I try to "shoot" out of it. Both have worked well for me. I tend to now just "shoot" out of the slump. When a basketball player can't seem to find the bottom of the net, what do they do? They shoot more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.