1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you consider a high rib ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jun 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My standard Infinity rib is 7/8" tapering to 5/16, I have the same rib on my Beretta's- I don't consider these ribs high, Now the rib on my Infinity Ultra is a high rib 11/4" tapering to 5/16"/ There has been some discussion about going to a high rib gun. Make sure any high rib gun you buy gives you the opportunity to swap out ribs. Otherwise you may be taking a very expensive test drive.

Phil Berkowitz

2. kgun_shooter

kgun_shooter Member

Phil,

How do you like the Infinity?

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Both of my Infinity's swing & point fantastic. The trigger is so fast there is no need to lead any target. However, they swing so fast its akin to driving a Ferrari, the guns a way beyond my skill level. I've lost alot of weight & I'm currently using my old Beretta 391 conversion, until I get some more upper body strength. When I get my streength back, I'll go back to my Infinity's. Auto loaders are too much of a pain to clean for any high volume shooter. I currently shoot about 20-25k targets a year.

Phil Berkowitz

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I consider my Browning Plus guns to be high ribs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.