1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do These People Do For US?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by shooter99, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Wayne is good collecting money to help those no good elected officials get richer and Sandy is there to get more money out of the women to help those no good elected officials get richer.

CHEERS

2. chiefjon

chiefjon Active Member

Heck, I thought you were going to talk about members of congress.

JON

3. shooter99

ARE THEY? I guess they could be the same ones.

CHEERS

4. shooter99

I am and they tap me at least one a month.

CHEERS

5. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Its not Wayne and Sandy's fault but why does so much of it have to go to attorneys sort of like buying perectly good toilet paper. and no one wants a used roll of TP or a sh-ty lawyer so you got my vote Wayne and NRA Jon in Commiefornia

6. grammie

grammie TS Member

How important?? I would say,,,"those two people don't mean squat"!!!! to gun owners I mean!!! The organization and gun owners are the NRA,,,those two may be in it,,,But they are NOT the NRA....If they both disappeared tommorow,,,the NRA would still be there....They are just people,,,nothing more,,nothing less....

AKA Grammie.........

7. Edward Turner

Edward Turner TS Member

And I'll bet that neither of them has ever shot a milk jug at 100 yards with a bow!!!!!!! Or rappelled from a helicopter,,, with an M16 tucked under each arm!!!!!

8. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

On Wednesday I was at the Friends of the NRA banquet in Raleigh, NC and Sandra Froman was the keynote speaker. She had just finished an hour on local talk radio and an interview with the Raleigh news paper.

She made it known that it is the MEMBERSHIP of the NRA that makes the differance.

She talked about how Zumbo's blog created the "firestorm" that woke up a large segment of gun owners and the need to be vigilant with our local, state and Fed. legislators. It was a good perspective.

The bottom line is the organization is as good as its members. This is true of the NRA and the ATA.

PS: Congratulations to NRA board member and North Carolina's Edie Reynolds. You will be seeing her name soon.

Scott Ferguson, Life member- NRA & ATA

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

If you are not a member of the NRA, you do not deserve to own a gun. PERIOD

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They must like me because I get more mail from them two than I do my own family ... They should up date their Data base because they keep asking me to join the NRA (AGAIN) and I have been a life member for what seems to be forever ... I moved and never gave them a forwarding address but they found me ... I used to give an annual donation but seeing as they got so much money they can afford to keep sending out membership forms to members, I quit doing that and notified them that when they quit, I will resume with my annual donations ... The next thing I got from them was a letter asking for a donation, I ripped it up and sent it back to them marked postage due ... These people are worst than my EX wife and I thought that was impossible ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

WLP wrote a book. That's more than I can say. "Guns, Crime, And Freedom".

Not perfect, advocates some heavy legal stuff I don't care for but that's more than the trolls here have done for gun owners.

flame away.

HM

12. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Unless you are politically active supporting and/or fundraising for Second Ammendment groups, they are doing much more than you!

13. larryjk

larryjk Member

Sandy Froman didn't attend our local Friends of the NRA event, but our community raised over $5.00 for every man, woman and child in the city. over 10,000 citzens; over $50,000. to the NRA. Not bad for a bunch of local boys and girls. And half of that money will remain in our state, and we have received grants from that money in the last several years.

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

In general I agree with Grammie's post, but SOMEBODY has to serve in those positions. And yes, part of their job is raising money.

If not them, who?

If you don't think they're doing a good job, I recommend you run for that postiion and show them how it should be done.

15. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

They are the faces of the NRA.

What each and every opponent to gun ownership must see every day, standing steadfast in their resolve, defending our rights, and the rights of those who know no better.

Jim

16. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    As far as Wayne LaPhew goes, I hope someone with more of a backbone replaces him. Reports from within the NRA is that he tried to compromise our rights away when the bill to get rid of frivilous manufacturer and dealer suits was on the table, and that there was a lot of anger over it. And this led to the mini-revolution within the NRA leadership.

17. TANGO ECHO

TANGO ECHO TS Member

GORDY
    Maybe A better question would be " What have you done for us."The NRA is not perfect but without it we would not be able to own guns! Without guns we would not need gunstocks and where would that leave you? Don't bite the hand that feeds you!

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

" The NRA is not perfect but without it we would not be able to own guns .?" Where in the Hell did you ever get that idea ..? The American people have owned guns for long before some Fats Cats thought up the NRA and will long after ... The NRA is a job to some of the people who are employed there and thats all it is, plain and simple ... The people on the top are living well off of the membership and not about to make any waves to upset their life style ... The NRA may at times speak up on behalf of the gun owners but there is no way in hell they provide you with the right to have firearms ... I quit sending in annual donations because they waste my money on sending me and thousands upon thousands of others renewal notices when we are already members ... I advised them of that and then I started getting letters requesting donations ... Thats the NRA would like everyone to believe, but its not true in anyway, shape, or form ... Better look up the History of the NRA and learn something ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Everyone on here should be a NRA member or be ashamed. The NRA is the gun owners salvation along with a few other less recognized groups. No backbone? Wayne has plenty when the right time comes. I have seen and heard him and he is a very commanding and knowledgeable speaker. As for Sandy F., I don't know much about her except she's the NRA President so I suppose she has some credentials. The mailings sometimes gets annoying but there are some good ones in there once in a while. I usually only contribute extra when they motivate me with the gun give aways. Their e-mails are informative and timely as well. I would imagine the mailings are cost effective since they send them so often. They're not stupid and certainly have auditors.

20. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

Dave P, you said it very well. I agree with your entire post, but the first sentence deserves repeating: Everyone on here should be a NRA member or be ashamed.
    Gordy, thanks for the reminder. Sure, lots of folks could do what Wayne and Sandy do for us, but they're the ones doing it right now and they're doing a decent job of it. We owe them, and we owe the NRA. Anyone who doesn't believe that has his head in the sand.
    Jerry Wright

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.