1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what did they say????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Ruger jockey, Feb 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruger jockey

Ruger jockey TS Member

I realize I'm 70 yrs old and my hearing isn't what it used to be but the TV drives me nuts because;1=the commercials are assinine and so much louder than the regular program.2=the background music is so loud on many programs that i cant hear the announcer or moderator.3=there is so much differance in volume between channels on Direct TV. Please tell me that I'm not alone.HUH, what 'damm it speak up!!!!!

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Me too.

Ed Yanchok

3. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

That makes three of us.

Tom R.

4. Carl7650

Carl7650 TS Member

They want you to here the commercials when you leave the room.
    I got tired of all that BS and went and bought a new TV with sound level control.It keeps the sound at the same level all the time,,,it can even control the background noise. Its one of them new Samsung TVs.

5. WCR

WCR TS Member

I feel the same way. Guess I would rather be trap shooting.

6. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

CBS has the lowest volume and muddiest sound of the big three. Even with my $5500 hearing aids I can't understand most of what is going on.

(don't understand=can't hear, not don't comprehend)

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Try the "MUTE" button,,,,the commercials aren't worth listening to anyway!!!

8. Onceabum

Onceabum TS Member

I bought a new TV last year, good picture but didn't care for the sound; was not real clear. I ordered a set of ear phones from SAM'S Club ($25) and it cleared up the sound pretty well. Also, it's easy to adjust the volume up, down or off if you don't like the commercials. Wouldn't be without them. I bought an extra set for the lady of the house.

BB

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Your not alone the whole concept of the television nad the loud ness is a pain I'm ready to sell that thing.

10. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

DVR your favorite shows. Then you jump over the commercials. When a commercial does come on my wife complains that the television is to loud. But turn it down you can't hear your show. I am afraid my hearing isn't what it used to be anyway due to all the shooting. I am still trying to recover from a shot next to my head in the duck blind this season. I stood up while he remained seated. It hurt, and that was with ear plugs in. But at least we did get the duck and my dog made a wonderful retrieve. Now if I could just get rid of this constant ringing.

11. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

I got a DVR about a year ago. I record what I want to watch. Watch it when I want to or have time to sit down. It has fast forward at 30 seconds each click. About six or seven clicks and I am back to watching the program. I just don't see commercials anymore.

Makes it nice to watch football. Record the game while I am at the Club. After I return and am ready to sit down for a while. I watch the game. As soon as the play is whistled dead I fast forward one click and the QB is under center for the next play. I watch three hour games in less than 40 minutes. AND NO COMMERCIALS.

Best invention since the microwave.

Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks?

HBT

12. capvan

capvan Active Member

My wife and I solved this whole problem. Had the TV service (cable) disconnected. No more bill, no more paying for useless trash. We have plenty of hobbies/projects to keep us very happy. Just bought her a new gun with what we've been saving on not paying for cable!
    Bruce

13. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I can't live without my television. I call it my window to the world. It can even travel through time. With a few hundred channels and a DVR you get to pick where it goes.

14. capvan

capvan Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.