1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What did Romney say?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by yakimaman, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Didn't catch it all and was trying to tell my wife... Obama made a statement and Romney cut with "you get the airplane, you get the big house, but you don't get to ?????" or close to that. Anyone catch it word for word?

rm

2. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

The best one liner of the night wasMitt's. "Mr. President, as President you are entitle to your own plane and your own house but NOT your own facts". I did not see this reported anywhere, even on Fox.

3. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Member

( Romney )Ex corporate raider, great tax evader, full of promises and BS. Another non-productive politican that is dead meat and will screw the middle class.

4. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Kill the student loans. Like Mitt said "borrow the money from your parents"!

blade819

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rocketdog, I may or may not agree with you, but I like facts. You have backup for those claims?

Show'em.

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Romney will screw over the middle class? Hardly.

Romney, as a businessman, knows that what drives this economy IS the middle class.

A weak, economically scared, underemployed middle class does not buy much more than the essentials.

A monied middle class with good jobs and steady employment buys cars, pickups, boats, appliance, homes, entertainment, they dine out, go on vacations, etc.

Henry Ford knew this. That's why he is sometimes called the Father of the Middle Class. More than anyone else he got the ball rolling to expand the middle class. He knew that a strong middle class meant more car sales. Otherwise only businesses and the rich would buy cars.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

In the beginning Obama was spewing liberal crap, Mitt looked at him and said "I've been in businss for 40 years and I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about".

From there on Hussein was dead meat.

HM

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

I agree halfie.

And it was sealed in the closing statements. Mitt looked right into the camera and said, (paraphrasing), "Folks, I'm concerned about America." Right then, a bunch of people mouthed back, "Me, too."

Obama couldn't even bring himself to look into the camera. He just kept directing his responses at the Moderator. He was John Kerry all the way. In fact, not even as good as John Kerry.

9. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Rocketdog, that wasn`t a very good cast. Thought it would stir up more retaliation than it did.

I agree with Setterman. Facts?????

10. Brian in Oregon

BTW, the allegations of Romney being a corporate raider?

Only someone who doesn't understand the business world would say that.

Romney did not "raid" healthy companies.

He and his investors bought FAILING companies that otherwise would have declared bankruptcy, and converted them into a viable company that had enough value that other investors would buy.

In many cases this meant layoffs. What's overlooked is that if this wasn't done as part of the resuscitation process, everyone would have lost their jobs in the bankruptcy.

I don't like to see layoffs, especially when a healthy company does it to fund Christmas bonuses for upper management (which has actually been done). But layoffs to keep a company from tanking are different. Doesn't make them desirable, and it sucks for those getting laid off.

11. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Maybe Rocketman is dead meat. For that matter, I'm thinking Rocketman and Oblama are both "dead meat"!

The reason Oblama was looking down after the "I've got five sons" line was because he realized his jockstrap was sitting on top of his shoes.

12. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

If the college loan program was killed the cost of an education would drop by more than 50%, maybe as much as 80%. Like most things that the government artificially burdens the economy with, the tail began wagging the dog. The colleges knew the money was out there so they kept raising their prices knowing the loan program would stay current with their demands. I spent 8 years in the research laboratories of a major university and I can tell you the waste is incredible.

13. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

If every 18 year old zit-face felt as strongly about his RESPONSIBILITY to his country as he does about his RIGHT to a Pell Grant, WE would have a much stronger and much healthier society.

I just saw a reporter interviewing random college students as they left an Oblama rally in Madison, Wisc. today. He asked them if they thought the debate would have been more "fair" if the committee had allowed Oblama to use his teleprompter during the debate. About 99% said, "Yes!" Even you Bozos trying to defend the indefensible will have to admit that those kids just aren't college material. To take Rick's rhetorical question one step further, why should I borrow money from China to pay tuition for a campus full of idiots?

14. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Guys it is a novel idea to a libtard that you have to actually work to attain something like an education. And don't even mention the thought of someone buying a failing company only to brong it back from the dead and save a few hundred jobs that would otherwise be gone for good.
    Saving a failing corporation looks to be what Mitt has in for himself one more time. And while he is at it i hope he cuts the public sector unions off at the knees.

15. Brian in Oregon

My suggest is.... Want a college education loan funded by the taxpayers? Put four years first into military service.

16. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I thought "liberalism" was to be, in part, public spirited. Was it not John F. Kennedy who said: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

There has been, as I keep harping, a paradigm shift since my high school days and my retirement days. The "liberalism" I grew up with suggested a country that wished to have a fair playing field for all, safety nets for the truly needy, a government insuring that its citizens are safe from without and within, and a government that strongly upheld all civil rights in the Bill of Rights and Constitution.

What the "h" has gone wrong? It can 't all be Obama's fault, but some kind of fundamental change in values. Not to say that any politician, including Obama is not guilty, but I think there has been a trend towards lack of caring and taking responsibility...and Obama, along with others, has/have in large part exploited this sad characteristic.

Justic Black of the Supreme Court, Barry Goldwater of his later years, where have you gone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.