1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What did Leo sell for in the Calcutta @ Ohio State

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullbangloss, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Just wondered if anyone could give us a rundown of what the big dogs sold for at Ohio. Leo, Harlon, etc.

Matt Krizinski

2. trapp2012

trapp2012 Member

Like 1100 or something like that I was entry 236 or so in the event.

3. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

was 15,700 in it total 40,30,20,10 % buyer 70 % shooter 30 %

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Leo sold for $1150 in Calcutta.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

In my opinion there is only one big dog right now. Birdtracker

6. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

That depends what your definition of rich is. All his scores and monies won by Leo in the last two weeks is public information and I would guess it would not be to difficult to add it all up. I would bet in the last two weeks alone, his winnings would be close to half of what many working shooters make in a year.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Heard Leo won $7,000 on Friday's handicap and he shot 100 on the championship handicap today as well. I don't think the trip to Ohio cost him much. Good shooting Leo.

8. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

he was ahead by about 15K not including todays doubles, handicap or the calcutta. he really is a great shot.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- You mentioned the tax burden for both the buyer and Leo for Calcutta winnings. I think there would not be any. Calcuttas are illegal and if one would be required to claim illegal gambling gains that would constitute self incrimination.

Pat Ireland

10. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Pat, I like the way you think...but our accountant is super honest and we report our winnings and well as earnings, just have to keep good records of expenses for tax time. Being self employed can be a burden at tax time, but at least I don't lay awake at night to worry about getting fired.

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

January's Calcutta at the Sailfish Tournament in Marathon, Fl., was over $200K....

Our boat came in 3rd.

Trapshooting pales in comparison.

Curt

12. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Out of 1000 targets, not including Sundays, Leo had missed a total of 4. FOUR targets!!! Heck, I have misssed that many on one post. Leo has done well at this shoot.

13. shoehorn324

shoehorn324 TS Member

LEO HAD A RECORD 1196 X 1200 !!

14. fishguts

fishguts Member

I once sold for $15...in Lira that's $500,000.

Wayne

15. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

If I'm adding things up right, it looks like from event 8 onward he made $23,000 or $24,000 in options. About what I'm left with in income after Uncle Sugar takes his fair share. I think it's time to sell my trap gun.

~Michael

16. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Oh..oh Wait 'til the new Administration and Congress gets wind of how much can be won. A new bill from the politicians to fund all the spending programs. Best Regards, Ed

17. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Gentlemen and Ladies,
    My humble suggestion would be to focus on the accomplishments and not the money. The money is his business as my money is my business. I for one will spend money with Leo to get some help with my bad habits and lack of skill. He offers great classes and has raised my average 10%. I am impressed that he remains at such a high level each year, what a talanted person. What a great and kind man and family too. Everyone has seen that it can be done so practice and I look forward to seeing you soon in Sparta.
    CA

18. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Leo is the Tiger Woods of Trapshooting. I wish I could shoot that good just some of the time.

Just think if he bought himself, but that was a nice investment of $23.00, just under 2 grand payoff.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

19. lc

lc TS Member

Anyone that can shoot that well deserves what he can make. Once sat at the breakfeast table in Florida with Leo after he had had a 300 bird day, 100 singles, 100 handicap and 100 doubles and complemented him. All he said was that he could really see the birds. Never once did he sound arrogant, it was just a statement. Nice guy.

20. KenC

KenC Member

How many shooters in that Ohio uh, er, Special Event? We only had 230 odd shooters in our (Colo) Champ handicap (I don't know exactly how many actually in the Special Event)& ours was over $16,000.00 with the same percentages.

Now if you want to talk Special Events, go to Vernal.

FYI, ours was won by Ray Stafford w/a 99 & in not the best of conditions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.