1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What course of fire for SxS events?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Porcupine, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I want to hold a SxS shotgun event later this year at my club and I need to decide what course of fire will best appeal to the SxS shooters. I'm thinking that double wobble from five stations at ten yards suurounding the trap house would simulate the type of shooting SxS-ers would most likely encounter in the field. Something like a 'sporting clays' doubles course of fire. My question is, what do other SxS events have as a course of fire? Thank you for any advice.

LA in MA

2. sanremo

sanremo Member

I have shot 3 different sxs events. all three events were shot in the existing sproting clays course. smaller guages were shot on a slightly less difficule course and usually only 50 bird!

Btw all the vents were well attended and fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Draht Guy

Draht Guy TS Member

I've shot two different SxS events. In Ohio I believe the group is called the vintagers. One was skeet and skeet doubles with gun down and a 0-3 second delay. The other was a sporting clays course that was similar in difficulty to a subgauge course. People can make fun of skeet all they want but gun down with a delay was pretty challenging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.