1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What could be had for $???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

Recently I had found a sweet deal on a good O/U but as a few of all of us have done waited a bit to long and missed out on the deal by just a day or two but thats what I get when I waited almost 1-1/2 months to decide ... dang idiot of me.

Now I am on the quest again for a good O/U, preferably trap or sporting clay (since stock dimensions are almost identical on most brands) with 30" barrels (but could settle on 32") and preferably a standard adjustable comb (but could be monte-carlostock). Now for the big kicker ... I prefer new but for the even biggest kicker of them all ...

What would you get if you were going to spend $1500 or $2,000 or $2,500 or $3,000?

2. oletymer

oletymer Member

The new Cynergy trap. I have the sporting model and they are great guns. I sold my Citori after shooting the Cynergy.

3. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

What I have now, an XT (not a combo) and I would have plenty of money left over for shells and shooting...but that's just me.

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Can't help you with a new gun but there are times, most frequently after shooting handicap, I would sell my much used K-80 combo and PFS for the dollar range you mentioned.

Pat Ireland

PS-double release trigger could be converted back to pull

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Pat ... you shooting in Virginia this weekend? I could be in the Roanoke area tonight if you shoot tonight. ;-)

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I grabbed a Ultra XT with adjustable comb and americase and a couple different chokes 1500.00 love it. First I think you should commit to a gun and or a price range. I tried several differant guns and every XT I tried shot well with it. I could not afford a new one. I committed 1700.00 to a gun. This XT came up and I grabbed it.

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Grasshopper:

He who hesitates loses in more ways than one ...

Learn from your mistakes and try to not commit the same ones again ...

If you take a month and a half to deside to buy a gun or not, your not really looking or very interested in buying one ... Hell, the last one I bought took me about 3 1/2 minutes over the phone without ever seeing the thing until it got here the next morning ... But how bad could a Perazzi Combo be ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

Hey Lump, I still haven't sold my Citori Trap Plus. I can send you pics if you like. I am also including some extras with it. Well worth what I am asking, especially with the extras. Steve

9. Don Blacker

Don Blacker TS Member

Lumper,
    I have a Browning XT Top single combo 34/30, factory adj.comb,adj.pad a few Briley ext.choke tubes and factory tubes and a hard case. $2400.00 shipped to your ffl. Don

10. lumper

lumper TS Member

WPT ... I need an O/U, there is no question in that to be sucessful at the bunker ya got to have an O/U but with the price of shells the way they are and the purchase of a new gun the questions/thoughts are also ... spend the money on gun and have problems affording shells and shooting or spend the money on shells and keep shooting?

That was the long decision process and this has happened in the past on other things before and the majority of time something better comes along later like this weekend ... I heard a local dealer was clearancing some of those great Stoeger Condor guns for less than $300 new and in a plain cardboard box as well. With that deal I can still afford to buy shells and to shoot as well.

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

If shell cost is to be factored into your trapgun selection price, you might want to look at a different hobby. Using that logic, the more money you saved to buy shells, the more money you're going to spend on entry and practice fees to use them. I'm not suggesting wastefulness, but I would hate to have to consider leftover shell money in a gun purchase. What happens when the shells are gone and you're left with gun of low value for resale? If you get the right gun in the first place maybe, just maybe, you won't need all those shells for practice. At least look at something that has some adjustables on it. Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.