1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What color lenses in your shooting glasses?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I wear glasses progressive with a bit of a correction for distance. I shoot wearing a set of prescription sun glasses ( distance correction only. There fine until the fall or winter when it get dark so early so the quesion? With out thinking about the yellow and only having the cash for one pair of lenses what color works best all around?

2. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

light or med target orange. Call Doc Rively
    Joe

3. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Bruce,

Being a heretic, I buy my shooting glasses at a regular one hour type glasses chain. I took a target and looked at it outside at about 30 yards, while holding up different tint samples in front of my regular lense. I then selected the one I thought lit up the target the best. As such, I got both the color and the degree of tint I wanted. I picked out a pair of big frames which with the single prescription came to about $80.00. Since, as my prescription has changed, I just bought the single lense for about $25.00.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Bruce... I have 5 sets of colored lenses for my shooting. The only set I ever use? CLEAR........All the time.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Bruce, I have a set of remington multi lens shooting glasses that I will lend you. They have 5 different shades. You can try them all under different lighting conditions, make your decision then send them back. You know my E address. Mike

6. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

the most famous shooting glass man once told me that he made his livimg selling colored glasses, but he himself used only clear. he said that your eyes need to adjust to the light.

7. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Bruce:

Since shooting is distance only, what about contacts and some "readers" for those days/nights at the range? (it's the strategy I use) Another option might be the Ranger "Sporter" system which uses fixed Rx lenses and then employs colored "plano" clip-ons.

Either of those a workable solution - I use Wayne Morgan at Morgan Optical in NY.

Good Luck,

Jay

8. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

If you can only afford one pair of lenses, I'd say make it light orange.

John C. Saubak

9. acre44

acre44 Member

I use dark purple on bright sunny days. Overcast days, but still bright I change to the lighter purple or yellow lens. On dark, dreary days I use the yellow or burnt orange lens.

Toad.

10. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Appreciate all the responses,going to see the ye Doc this week questions to ask her and then take a target along and try some lens colors outside I wa think of a violet color see a lot of guys at the club using them but I'm not sure which is why I posted the question.
    Thanks All

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

lens colors for shooting glasses

trap shooting glasses color

why use different color lens in shooting glasses