1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Class?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

In my state or at Least the regisered shoots I've been in they don't put you in classes at the 16 It is Just everybody shooting. But I would Like to know what class I would be in with a 96 avg. If they put us in classes? Thanks

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

96 average is A class. I sincerely doubt that you're not classified at an ATA registered shoot. You may not know you are but you are.

Eric

3. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Can someone please post the class averages or tell me where to find them? I've Looked but can't find them. Thanks

4. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

you were probably classed, but at your club there might not be anyone playing the options - just birds. No one plays the options at our club and we dont bring up the classification issue since there is not any money involved.

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

targetmaster:

The ATA rulebook lists the class information you requested. The rule book is (usually) available on the ATA webpage. I would have provided the specific rule reference but I'm currently unable to open the "book".

You should be aware that any given ATA registered shoot may use a three class system (A, B, and C), a four class system (A, B, C, and D), a five class system (AA, A, B, C, D) or at a few of the very largest shoots, a six class system (AAA, AA, A, B, C, and D).

A 96% average might not be A class depending on how many classes are involved.

sissy

6. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Check the rule book 96 average is A class, under all circumstances.

7. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

I see the lack of classification often at "registered shoots" where there is no trophy and/or money given away. Sometimes we are luck to have 3 of us shooting :(. I do not list the class nor if I won or tied class. I have never been questioned by a classifier at big tournaments for the failure to note class on these small registered shoots. Of course at any "big" shoot that I am classified I do note the class and if I won or tied.

Jason

8. AAA 27 AAA

AAA 27 AAA TS Member

Singles
    98% and over AAA
    96.25% and under 98% AA
    94.75% and under 96.25% A
    93% and under 94.75% B
    90% and under 93% C
    under 90% D

Doubles
    96% and over AAA
    92% and under 96% AA
    89% and under 92% A
    86% and under 89% B
    82% and under 86% C
    under 82% D

These as they are taken from the 2007 Grand American Program. Smaller shoots will not use the AAA class.

9. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

targetmaster I have posted the on line rule book above. Look on page 20 and there is a list of classes and what class your average will put you in.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.