1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What class after 18 yrs away from trap shootin?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by andybull, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andybull

andybull Active Member

I have been away from the sport of Trapshooting for about 18 years. Since that time, I shot Sporting Clays & live birds for about 15 years, until I moved to the Florida Keys. I pretty much quit shooting 3 years ago altogether, due to distance from ranges and other interests.

I'm now 58 years old, saw a One Touch Ljutic on this site and liked it. I bought one from Joel Etchen and figured I will get back into trapshooting again when it arrives.

I was a AA 27 yard shooter back then. What class will I start at? I have an old membership card showing that I'm a life member, is the life part still good (the ATA didn't go bankrupt or anything like that right)?

Thanks.

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

For singles you'll shoot penalty class B until you establish an average on 500 targets. I'm sure you know that the closest club is CCC at Trail Glades Range in SW Miami. Next closest is Markham Park, about 40 miles north of Trail Glades.

Eric

3. andybull

andybull Active Member

Thanks guys:
    Eric thanks for the info. I've lived in South FL most of my life I've shot at these ranges), the problem for me is that I travel to work (Miami)everyday 160 miles door to door and to drive the stretch out of the Keys with all of the traffic on the weekends is not appealing to me.

BTW, will I be shooting in a concurrent class?

Andy

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Andy,

Not sure what you mean by "concurrent" class.

Eric

5. andybull

andybull Active Member

That term is used in Sporting Clays. It applies to women, Juniors, sub juniors, vets, senior vets, etc.

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

andybull- Your handicap will be 2, but there are no set rules on singles/doubles classification, only guidelines. The guidelines may not fit your particular situation. I would discuss the correct classification with you but I would lean toward your last established class which is AA. It could be difficult to convince me that you should be lower than A. Together, we would reach an agreement.

Pat Ireland

7. andybull

andybull Active Member

I was just wondering If the ATA still had my records. The last class I held before receiving a reduction from not shooting enough targets from the NSCA was Master, of course I am only getting older ;-).

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Go to the ATA website and look up your records by your ATA number or name.

Eric

9. andybull

andybull Active Member

Thanks, I requested a Login password for future inquiries.

Andy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.