1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What choke tubes does a B80 take?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I purchased a B80 on here the other day and need to get some choke tubes for it. I have a couple of B80's but they are fixed chokes. I have a BT99 with screw in chokes but it is not here so I can check to see if those chokes will fit it. Thanks for your response. Jackie B.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

These will probably be Beretta Mobil chokes, since the gun was made by Beretta.

I have a B80 barrel on my 303.

HM

3. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

My B80 uses the beretta mobile chokes

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Everyone is right here. they come both ways. There was even one version that had a NUT that held the choke in by having the outer part of the barrel threaded.

Here's the nitty: If the threads are on the front end of the choke (the muzzle end) they are Beretta Mobilchokes.

If they are on the inside end, the south end if you point the gun north, LOL they are standard Invector chokes. I seriously doubt if Invector + were in use at that time.

The barrel should be so marked if they are Invectors.

Go to a gunshop and try a couple different kinds.

HM

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Thanks everyone. I have tons of chokes when I get home as I have several Beretta's and BT-99 and was visiting in Panama City and there is a place nearby that sells chokes cheap and was going to pick some up. Will wait till I get home and check the gun out. I drive right by Trulock choke plant on the way home in Whigham Georgia but will find out for sure and wait till next trip if needed. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.