1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what choke from 16 yard line????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Murphy, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murphy

Murphy Member

I am shooting from the 16 yard line and using my 870 tb trap grade, wondering if I might be better off using my 870 express w chokes an d possibly using modified rather than my fixed choke full 870 tb, yout thoughts please.

2. Murphy

Murphy Member

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

It doesnt really matter....it is a 30 - 33 yard shot.

Forrest

4. mrjim22

mrjim22 Member

Do not take this the wrong way but....

Put a full choke in and train and learn to hit targets.

When I first started shooting trap I ran into one of the old timers who shoot singles and handicapp with the same fixed choke unsingle. When you start out everything seems important. I was switching chokes, powders, loads, shot, ect.,ect.,ect. After practicing with this "old guy" and listening to his thoughts on shooting I found out that alot of what I thought to be important really wasn't and what was important was breaking targets. It is never really the arrow but always is the 'injin'.

5. Blackhawk UH-60

Blackhawk UH-60 TS Member

FULL CHOKE!

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

You should be able to experiment by putting the express barrel on the 870 TB. Pattern for Point of Impact some choke tubes might not shoot to the same POI. Personally I would use the Fixed Full TB barrel because a more open choke has a weaker core but does not really add any pellets to the outer fringe of the pattern.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Shoot what you got, or like said above try the exspress barrel with different chokes.

8. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Remington used to make a 30" Trap bbl. in modified and in Improved modified. You might be able to find one of these used for under $200.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.