Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What causes a Pat Trap to fall out of time?

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  t jordan 
#1 ·
Hello all,

We have a Pat Trap that our club bought new about 4-5 years ago (don't know which series it is, but it has the old style metal plate/roller wheel assembly on the doubles target hole).

Last weekend, the machine was breaking targets when set on doubles and we realized the machine had fallen out of time. We re-timed it and it would throw 5-6 pairs fine, but then we would notice the machine to be falling out of time again...little by little to the point where it was breaking targets again. There didn't appear to be problems with the machine as it was throwing the targets (no hic-ups, hesitations, etc.) but for sure it was falling out of time.

My question is: What causes these things to fall out of time and what areas should we focus on in trying to come up with a fix?

Thanks for all your help.

Brian

#3 ·
I have been told by people smarter than me, that Pat Inc. pressed that wheel on the shaft and that's why it won't hold. And Pat doesn't agree, but Chuck at Golden West says to drill that sprocket and put in a 1/8 roll pin.

I have yet to have any problems but know that Helena has had problems and is thinking of drilling all of them. I may just do that before our turn at the State Shoot in a year.

Rickyd

#4 ·
Thanks for your help everyone. It turned out that the sprocket was slipping on the shaft. We've pinned it, re-timed the machine and everything seems to be working well. We may end up doing this fix on our 4 other pats as well.

Thanks again & best regards

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.