1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Car Insurance is Good?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by HorseTrader, Jan 2, 2017.

1. HorseTrader

HorseTrader Member

I now have Progressive. As far as I'm concerned they are not doing their job. I don't like to be hung out to dry because they want to get along with other insurance co. What insurance co are you all happy with? Thanks

2. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Extremely happy with ERIE..and much cheaper than progressive for equal coverage

3. Jim White

Jim White Member

If your a VET or child of VET....... USAA can't be beat! I would never change camps

jktphd, okiecrasher and mpolans thanked this.
  4. smokestick682's

smokestick682's Well-Known Member

State Farm, Been with them for 30 plus years. Also have home and life insurance with them to. My business insurance is with Erie.

5. HorseTrader

HorseTrader Member

My father who is now deceased was a waist gunner in B-17's. Would it still be possible to go through USAA? I was thinking about them.

6. DCmodel12

DCmodel12 Active Member

Personally I wouldn't listen to anyone UNLESS they've had claims.
    My daughter has Erie - had 2 accidents I'd call minor on their van - and were canceled. I have Erie too but have had no claims in 50 years, this February.

7. HorseTrader

HorseTrader Member

I agree with the claim issue. The farm insurance my father had when he was around dropped us because of two weather claims on the barn and house.

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Been with Geico forever

Phil Berkowitz

9. redfin1956

redfin1956 Active Member

I have mine thru AAA, 2-300 cheaper than anyone round me

10. mac1

mac1 Active Member

State Farm had the best ins. in the business untill Katrina broke them, I have been with them 35 years and they went from # 1 to dead last. Consumer Report says that USAA is now the number one and that is who I will be going with as soon
    as I get through this period with State Farm.

Mac

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

AMICA. Hands down. Cost, service, don't drop you, they are consistently rated highest.

12. Jim Meverden

Jim Meverden Member

If you are anywhere the Midwest, American Family does a good job. My wife has had several claims. They have been promptly handled and the premiums did not rise as fast as i would have expected.

Jim

Steve A. thanked this.
  13. ramorton

ramorton Banned User Banned TS Supporters

14. rapid86

rapid86 Well-Known Member

Based on the way they treated me when one of their insureds rear-ended me, I wouldn't insure with State Farm on a bet. On the other hand, in the past 8 years I have been struck by two people insured by American Family. I couldn't have been happier with the way American Family treated me.

Steve A. thanked this.
  15. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have been with State Farm since 1981 and have never looked back. It is your agent that makes the difference.

shootbad and huskr4life thanked this.
  16. HorseTrader

HorseTrader Member

OH HOW TRUE THE AGENT IS. When we were dropped by our 20 year insurance after two weather claims we found her and got insurance. That co wanted to drop us because our place wasn't painted up like Monticello. SHe told them that IF they did that there wouldn't be another polo

OH so true about an agent. When we were dropped by our 20 year insurance co we found a lady who got us insurance. In less then 6 months they wanted to drop us because our place wasn't painted up like Monticello. She told them if they did they wouldn't see another policy from their office. They kept us but she got another co and dropped them. She was a VERY GOOD agent but she retired.

Bowers thanked this.
  17. Harley Lekvold

Harley Lekvold TS Supporters TS Supporters

Farmer's for 50 Plus years.

18. Brutus_MT6

Brutus_MT6 Member

AMICA or USAA

llukesh thanked this.
  19. mac1

mac1 Active Member

as long as you were a family member of a vet you can get USAA

20. pcrannel

pcrannel Active Member

A couple years ago I was shopping around to see if any company was better than what I had. I read hundreds of reviews on a dozen companies. What I found was the highest rated ones were the companies that less than half of their customers hated them. I'm not kidding. Most people really hated their carrier and only picked the least of all the evils.

Steve W thanked this.