1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What can you tell me about Libertyville Illinois?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    My niece just called me and she just offered a position in Libertyville Illinois. Anyone on this site either live in Libertyville, or know of it? My niece lives in Milwaukee, and I am the closest she has to a father since he was killed in a farm accident a few years ago. Is this a safe area? Anything you can tell me whould be appreciated. Here in Wisconsin we look suspiciously at flatlanders, if you know what I mean? (JUST KIDDING)

2. IndyShotgun

IndyShotgun TS Member

Lovely, affluent, upscale, clean, good restaurants, lots of traffic cops, some very expensive homes, but most people commute there. As nice as can be found in America.

3. Mike Mahaffy

Mike Mahaffy Member

My son-in-law is a firefighter in Libertyville. We have attended several community events in the area. Very nice area, seems to be mid-to-upper middle class area. Very clean, good sense of community. I would be comfortable with my family there.

4. senior smoke

Mike:
    Thanks for the info, good to know.
    Steve

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Libertyville is actually a very nice area, have a Nephew who is a Lake County Deputy Sheriff that chooses to live there ... He is a SWAT Team Commander in the area ... She will not be sorry for moving there ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. THE-PLUMBER

THE-PLUMBER TS Member

Have lived in and have worked around that area 20+ year's,very nice place,good school's and if you like high taxes, they will aim to please you.You have every thing you can think of within a 15 min drive,and i mean pretty much any thing from six flag's to base pro.They also have a train station that can take you to chicago.The town has a show case of a forest preserve for lake county i worked on for two year's were they converted a gravel pit to a honey hole with all the pavilion's and boat rental's,beach,vistor's center and so fourth.They have alot to offer,the list is long.

7. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Libertyville is in Lake County Illinois, north of Chicago by about 30 miles. It is considered an 'upscale' community, meaning that there are lots of people who live there who make good $. It is not far from Lake Michigan and some folks consider it to be part of the 'North Shore' group of communities where many of the prosperous folks live and / or work.

Check out their website. http://www.libertyville.com/

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Go to : City-Data.com look for any city in the country and it will tell you all you want to know and more about it ... Keep this web site in your favorites for future reference ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. senior smoke

I would like to thank everyone that responded. In the very near future I plan to take my niece to Libertyville and possible look for housing. She just accepted a very good paying job, and it sounds like she may need it to possible pay for rent. I went on the computer and they are saying that it is 55 miles from Milwaukee. Wonder if she would be better off to live in Milwaukee and drive to work. The apartment she is living in is really nice and priced right.
    Thank you all for your help.
    Steve

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Steve rentals are very reasonable now with the economy in the dumper even in Libertyville ... The 55 miles can get to be a hassle in the winter months because they are close enough where they still get the lake effect snow and driving in that can wear you down pretty damn fast ... Have to weigh one against the other just for kicks ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Libertyville liked to lay claim to Adlai Stevenson when he still thought he was popular. When he was defeated by Eisenhower the campaign slogan was "It Would Have Been Sadly With Adlai". The next time he ran, they used "Adlai's The Answer" as his slogan, which was immediately countered with "If Adlai's The Answer, What's The Question?". He did, however, have the distinction of being a Governor of Illinois that didn't end up in the graybar hotel. Huzzah!

12. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Home of JTG Inc. good gun shop, close to Northbrook Sports Club, go for it! Several good restaurants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.