1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT ALCAN PRODUCTS?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

hELLO:
    a few years ago a friend of mine inherited roughly 5000 alcan primers. he sold them to me for $9.00. i started shooting in 1972, don't recall alcan products being sold. where were they located, what products did they sell? did they go out of business? i shot these primers, all but 1 went off. supposely they were made in the 60's. friend who sold them to me thought they were considered a hot primer, he thought even hotter than federal? where alcan products as popular as the other reloading company componets?
    steve balistreri

2. Straight99

Straight99 Member

I miss the Alcan line of reloading supplies. Powder, wads, primers, and empty cases. They were made in Alton, Illinois. Every thing was good stuff. Smith and Wesson bought them out and made a short run of Smith ans Wesson ammo and then closed.

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I used Alcan Flitemax wads and they were very good. They were based on an over-powder wad but had the built in shotcup.

4. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

nice to know.
    thanks,
    steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.