1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Can I do?

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by ferlach, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ferlach

ferlach Member

0   0   0

I bought a stock from a member on this forum. The stock cane broken and he even removed the pad before sending it. I told him that stock is broken and it is missing the pad. He told me “the stock would not fit in the box with pad, so I removed the pad”. Then he said, send it back to me and I will refund your money. It has been two weeks since he received the stock. He would not send me money back, stopped responding to emails and would not pick up the phone.
    I paid by check that was mail by US mail and also mailed stock back by mail with delivery confirmation. Looking for some advise on what can I do to recover my loss from this old man. I am sure some of you had similar experience. Thanks in advance.

2. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

0   0   0

From reading previous threads on TS.com I would say report it to the police because you have a prove of payment and prove of shipping back the stock. If I am not mistaken this is a fraud. Make sure to expose his identity so everyone on this web site be aware of him. Good luck and hope you get your money back.

Peter

3. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Without knowing both sides of the story it is hard for us to pass judgment. Letting the forum know his user name could help in getting to the bottom of it. I have had several dealings with people on here without a hiccup. There are a lot of good people on here to trust and just maybe the gentlemen is off shooting somewhere and cant respond yet.
    Good luck and I hope it all works out.

4. no5shooter

no5shooter Member

0   0   0

Off shooting somewhere for two weeks? Wish I had that problem.

5. ferlach

ferlach Member

0   0   0

Most people on the forum are very honest and honorable but there are bad apples too.

6. lostandout

lostandout Member

0   0   0

if he used the us mail it could also be a fed offence mail fraud

7. Lyle

Lyle Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I would contact Roy D. Mercer and open a 55 gallon drum of whoop ass.

Good luck.

L.

8. Janet

Janet TS Member

0   0   0

I had problem with a customer not paying for a shooting coat I mailed to him.
    He would not send check, always said "it's in the mail". Finally I contacted the shooting club he shot regularly at and the manager went to "see" him. No problem check in the mail next day.

I have been vending since 1994 and except for the above, haven't had a problem.
    Most trapshooters are very honest.

9. ferlach

ferlach Member

0   0   0

I think the guy read my post. I received a check in the mail. Guess what, the check came to my address for the amount I paid but not written to my name. I requested him to send me another check on my name. Let's see...

10. SONO MAN

SONO MAN TS Member

0   0   0

Good luck and hope you get your money back.

Peter

11. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

0   0   0

Please explain this part " but not written to my name." Whose name did the check have? Did it say "cash", "bearer" or "holder", or was it left blank? Back in the day, it was not uncommon to give checks likes that. In my produce business, I used to get them from what we called "country folk" - good folks who were not savvy with checking and credit.

If its any of the above and it's for the correct amount, call the issuing bank and tell them the story. They'll check to see if there are problems on the account (acct closed, low balance, check stolen), and if not, they may tell you to deposit it!

...now it it has another person's name, then it's not yours and trying to cash it will get you in trouble.

12. ferlach

ferlach Member

0   0   0

The check is written to another persons name, not my name.

13. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

0   1   0

That to me is a dely tactic. The PO does not like people using them for fraud. Go to your PO and report him. They will go after him.

14. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

That's B. S. Too bad the seller isn't close enough to go see personally, or is he? Why not post his name here and see if he'll defend himself.

15. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Sounds like he forgot who he bought it from. Use the TELEPHONE on HIM ....a LOT!!

16. Janet

Janet TS Member

0   0   0

I guess the telephone is your option right at this point. Or, can you go
    see him for a visit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.