1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What bushing for PB powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Lambert, May 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

For PB powder users. What bushing (MEC) are you using for around 20.5 grains of PB powder. I do have a scale. Just wanting to check the capacity of a couple of bushings. Thanks...Crazy Chester

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

3. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

I loaded PB on a Grabber a hunnert years ago, and my notes showed I dropped 20.2 with a #32.

I know that volumes differ on a single-stage v. progressive reloader, but I disremember which direction the variance is: 31 - 32 - 33 should get you pretty close.

Whatever drop you have is what you'll have: PB meters just like water.

Bob

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

atick to your scale & double ck it

5. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

Thanks for your input unknown1. And thanks for your link...I have every bushing chart known to mankind. I know where to start... I've been loading this powder for years...I've come across some older bushings of the same numbers, from an unknown source that are throwing substantially different weight of PB powder...all I want to know is what MEC bushing some other users of this powder may be utilizing. I'm also checking the accuracy of my TWO scales...Thanks, crazy chester

6. Jim Lambert

Jim Lambert Member

Anybody else? What MEC bushing for are you using with PB powder? about 20.5 grains...Information only. I'm only inquiring and am not soliciting reloading information. Only need the bushing number....Goatskin, Thanks for your reply..

Thanks, Chester.

7. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I load 20.5 for 1oz singles and get an exact drop(scaled) w/ a #33 MEC bushing.I scale every keg of powder and keep checking the drop to always be on the safe side!

It's a great load w/ AA/STS,Claybuter wad and WN209 primer!

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

33 will get me to 20.5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.