1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what brand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by yatesie, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yatesie

yatesie TS Member

I have had problems with my MX2000 and want to change it. Thinking of Kemen,Kolar or Blaser. This gun would be strictly used for trap shooting.Im an Aussie so only need U/O gun not single barrel.The MX2000 grabbed on hinge pins during a shoot-off in hot weather and cost a fortune to fix.Its happend to others in our club in hot weather.We are all using Perazzi grease.Yours Neil Yates

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Neil, sounds like the problems the grease, not the guns. I think Perazzi grease is terrible. It feels gritty to the touch to me. I've never seen a gun, let alone a Perazzi seize at the hinge pins nor anywhere else, even dry. I've heard them squeek, but not seize.

I use a synthetic bearing grease that is designed for high heat applications. It's called Viper Lube by LocTite. It'll never seize with that stuff. Good luck, mate. Barry

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I tend to agree with Barry; agreeing is not an uncommon situation. My lube of choice for the surfaces of break open guns is STOS. Most any firearm source here in the states will also carry STOS. My shooting experience has been in very warm venues of California, Nevada, and Oregon with a few others sprinkled in. I've never had a failure of adequate lube with STOS. BTW, the name, we are told, was originally thought up by the fellow who was asked, "Just how slick is this stuff?" by his boss. The inventor said, "It's Slicker Than Owl Sh..." and the name stuck. Another and newer stuff is "Gator Slime" and that's marketed by some of the contributors on this forum......Bob Dodd

4. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

There was another Aussie on here a month or 2 ago who's P-gun was galling using the Perazzi supplied grease...seems there is a trend appearing here. Use whatever you used to put on your Winchester or Miroku for lubricant before trading up to the Perazzi and she'll be right. Other than that most of the Ockers I've seen shoot Perazzi or Beretta, but Arty del Ben shoots(I think) a Blaser reasonably well and I'm sure he would answer any questions you have. Cheers-Graham.

5. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I love my Kolar and wouldn't dream of shooting anything else. However, you should really try to get your hands on all the ones you are interested in purchasing and shoot them. What feels perfect to one person may feel like a club to the next. Bill Malcolm

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Super Lube, synthetic multi-purpose grease. Check it out. Been around for more than 20 years.

7. Mirage Combo

Mirage Combo TS Member

I use Tri Flow. I beleave it is recomend by Giacomo.

8. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

mobil 1 grease works very well.

tony

9. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Neil,

There are so many great O/U's made these days I'd hate to suggest one over the other. The only one that stands out, based on what I read, is that Kolars seem to have very few complaint related issues these days. I don't know how they are for parts and service in your neck of the woods though.

ss

10. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Bill Malcom has the right answer to the question. Try all of the brands you can Neil, and then decide for yourself.

Dave in SC

11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Spanky, the grease I suggested, "Viper Lube", is the new name after Permatex was taken over by LocTite.
    So, if you can't find "Super Lube" - "Viper Lube" is it's new name, same stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.