1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

What brand target do you throw

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shoot n Holler, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Member

With cost going up I like to know what brand target your club throws and if you throw registered targets? I am very intrested in what clubs in Michigan and ohio throw. Could you could explain why you throw the brand you do.
    I appreciate all responses and opions.
  2. ctreay

ctreay Member

I am in Northern NY. We have thrown Lawreys for many years with no problems. We do not have registered shoots but we are 1 club out of a 10 club league. The main reason we throw Lawreys is cost. We have two GMV automatics and have no problems with the birds.

ctreay
  3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Active Member

We see mostly White Flyers here in the Midwest and in AZ. They promote clay target sports like no other manufacturer. Plus..... they make very fine products.
  4. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Member

We throw Lawreys and White Flyers... the best deal we can get... receives our business.
  5. prairieviper

prairieviper Member

White Flyers and Midwest are thrown by most of the clubs in my area.
  6. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Member

we are thinking about swithing from white flyers and the big worry is that shooter will not like the Champion or Lawreys. We have had some opinions that they are like rocks. Would you come to a Ata shoot if we did not throw White flyers?
  7. Trapshooter01

Trapshooter01 TS Member

We throw Lowery's Good quality and lowest price we can get. Don't like Champion as we have had problems with breakage when using them. White Flyers are good also.
    We use Mainly Pats traps but still have a few old Champions that we are slowly replacing

Bob
  8. skeet_man

skeet_man Active Member

A vast majority of the clubs in my area (probably easily more than 2 dozen within an hours drive in any direction) throw lawry targets. I'm only aware of one throwing WF. I've shot some REALLY good scores on Lawrys, and I've shot some REALLY good scores on WF, so it really doesn't bother me either way. I would not shoot a registered shoot on Champions, and probably wouldn't on WF Bios.
  9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Get a few boxes of each and shoot them.

I can probably get you 3-4 cases of Lawrys from the Moose...
  10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Active Member

If shooters center punched every target, it wouldn't make much difference which target was introduced to the shot cloud. BUT, as we know, that isn't the case for us average shots with some targets being broken with the side of the pattern while other brands are only dusted?

Hap
  11. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Active Member

I belong to two clubs. One buys White Flyers and one buys Lawry's. From the shooter's prospective, I think the issue will be one of setting good targets, not a quality issue with these two target brands. Both are a quality product. Bill Malcolm
  12. ctreay

ctreay Member

One club in our league throws Champions, most economical target there is. Simply pick up the targets off the field and shoot them again, and again. Truley rocks!

ctreay
  13. wolfram

wolfram Active Member

White Flyer. We have had very good luck with these targets with the exception of one lot that had a few out of round birds in it. The WF rep more than made good on that issue and in a timely manner.

I suppose we would consider other brands if the price was right but it would be a tough call as you never want to make a change when what you have is performing well.
  14. pitt4570

pitt4570 Member

we throw white flyers in renton wa. breakage is a non issue and price is good if i have breakage its something else
  15. dshot

dshot Member

Who handels Lawrey targets, We can only find White Fylers in our area?
    Thanks
  16. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

call Lawry directly, Rick will set you up. Throwing Lawry in Gastonia NC, I do not see any difference. I agree with statement above. Its the setting............
  17. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Active Member

Here is a link to Lawry's web site. Bill Malcolm
  18. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

At the Black Diamond Washington Gun Club we throw Caldwell targets with no problem. The Ravensdale Washington SST (Seattle Skeet and Trap) gun club throws White Flier Bio targets. They lease their land from the county and are mandated by the county to throw Bio targets. Or at lest that is what I was told.

Jim Bradbury
  19. dshot

dshot Member

Thanks for the contack info, I will give them a call
  20. RemingtonReloader

RemingtonReloader TS Member

White Flyers here, no problems... -Aaron Schneider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.