1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Brand of Stock Extender is this?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigSkiff, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

MarkII5.jpg

Does anybody have any idea what brand this LOP extension might be? It works perfectly and fits me fine, but I would like to add an adjustable pad plate from Grayco to it, but I would like to know who made it first. It has a Pachmayr white line recoil pad mounted on it now. I was hoping some of y'all might have an idea who made this extender.

Thanks,

Bob Cade

2. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

Might be a Timmney. But I would have to see better pics of it to be sure.

Vern

3. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

I just ordered one just like it from Braun. Tim

4. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

At the moment it's the best picture I've got. The gun is a Beretta Mark II. It was made in 1973. It's a one owner gun (before me) and that extender has been on there a long time. It's almost identical to the new one by Braun Professional Stock Positioning. The picture below is the only other picture I have at the moment.

MarkII2.jpg

5. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

brownst100_2008_230919.jpg

I borrowed someones pics. Does it look like this? This is a Timmney.

Vern

6. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

Yes sir, it looks just like that! Thanks for your help!

Is this the same company that makes the triggers? - Bob

7. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

I would guess it's a Hart in the last picture and in the first picture if the shafts are threaded it was made by The COUNTRY GENTLEMEN; Todd or Aaron Nelson.

8. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

Thanks for the input. I checked with Timney and they said it's not something they made or make. So I'm going to check out Hart and the Country Gentlemen

I'm not sure what you mean by threaded? The shafts are set with detentes for the set screws that hold them in place. I don't know how they are fastened to the butt plate.

Thanks - Bob

9. brownk80

brownk80 Member

If you called the Timney that makes rifle and pistol triggers I believe you called the wrong people. Al Timney, who I believe passed away several years ago, made three versions of a stock adjuster which looks a lot like the one you have. The holes on each side of the shafts are in 1/16"s. One of the versions was also adjustable for pitch as well as cast and drop. Let us know if you find someone who still makes that version as they were the best on the market.

brownk80

10. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

O.K. that might make sense. The previous owner is dead so I can't ask him. He did send the gun to a professional stock maker to have the extension put on some years ago. Beyond that I don't know a whole lot about it. I ordered a Graco adjustable pad that I want to add to this extender, and that's why I was trying to find out who made it. I believe I can fit it without too much difficulty.

Braun Professional Stock Fitters now make a exact copy of this extender which is adjustable for for drop, and cast. They are also a sponsor of this sight. It looks like a real nice set up.

Thanks - Bob

11. missed some

missed some TS Member

looks like a hart, have one on my perazzi, and my seitz.looks the same anyhow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.