1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What brand of choke is this? Help Please

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CMPeterson, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMPeterson

CMPeterson Member

I just purchased a Beretta 30" o/u barrel, once I received the barrel I noticed it said f over Im, problem is it has screw chokes. I purchased it under the agreement it was Optima choke and it is NOT, so It came with 4 flush tubes .715 marked with a capital letter S, .690 marked A and .700 marked C. The thread is super fine and 5/8" deep as shown, any clue as to what brand and how can I get extended chokes to fit? Thanks Cory

2. CMPeterson

CMPeterson Member

3. CMPeterson

CMPeterson Member

Here is the choke wrench they came with.

4. CMPeterson

CMPeterson Member

Another

5. sharhope

sharhope Member

Not certain but they look like Carlsons chokes

6. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

They kinda look like browning invector chokes(not the invector plus). That's highly unlikely though. BYG

7. TD1958

TD1958 Member

Looks like a colonial tube. Go to brownells web site. you can identify easliy. Good luck, Tim

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Why not return it??

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

The old invectors/winchoke/mossberg accuchoke are 1.5" just like that shows and are 13/16x32tpi..Id ask for a refund or at least a partial for not getting what you paid for not to mention its a white elephant if you ever need to resell

10. newbbs

newbbs Member

I have a field gun that I had choked 30 years ago by Skeets Gun Shop in Oklahoma. The chokes and wrench are identical to the one you pictured. The chokes perform well, I haven't been disappointed.

Some of the older guns did not have enough barrel spacing for extended chokes.

Hope that helps.

R Newberry

11. CMPeterson

CMPeterson Member

I am going to call Skeets and see what I can find out, I did check to see if the Invector fit and it did not work. I was also wondering if it was a Trulock?
    Thanks Cory

12. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

They not only are not Optima chokes, but your barrel is not the latest dimensions either. More than likely a .722 bore. Not the gun you agreed upon, I would send it back. A gun with that barrel, is worth much less. Unless you originally got one hell of a deal, which may be the reason we are trying to figure out what you have there.

13. CMPeterson

CMPeterson Member

I paid $525 for the barrel, the issue is I purchased it on Ebay through a friend, I have no recourse...... I guess you win some and you loose some.

14. mad_dawg

mad_dawg Member

Your friend can initiate an ebay buyer protection claim with the resolution center...I'd do it for my friends if needed. First step is to contact seller...

15. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Mad Dawg is correct, you do have some options. The person who purchased this thru eBay has recourse if different than listed and you probably will get the shipping charges back also.

16. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Post some pic of the barrel Cory...you definantly have recourse..dont shoot it til you try to get some money back..it could very possibly be TruChoke for sure...not a bad thing but not what you thought you were buying either..move quickly as there is a time limit you can dispute a transaction

17. CMPeterson

CMPeterson Member

Working on it now.
    Cory

18. autoparts

autoparts Member

Precision from skeets gun shop.

19. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I have a Perazzi with a Skeet's choked barrel. That thing will powder them when I do my part. I finally tracked Skeet's down and they told me they no longer make choke tubes. I was quite bumed to say the least. I am considering sending one of my chokes to Jess Briley to have one made. I would really like to find a Skeet's tube with a .019-.020 constriction. Them things are real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.