1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Brand Electric Clay Target Thrower to Buy

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perezal, Jun 26, 2013.

1. perezal

perezal Member

Well I got my brother in law into trap shooting and now he want's to buy one of those Electric Clay Target Throwers. What brand to you recommend he get? I've seen Champion and Do All Trap, but is there any other brand. And which is best. Don't want to get a $300+ machine that will break down all the time or on the first day.

2. Sharp1

Sharp1 Member

Champion will throw clays...Its not a Trap thrower tho. I think Do ALL is a China product. For backyard fun the Champion will work..

GL

3. Scott Stewart

Scott Stewart TS Member

I just bought an Atlas AT50 and it appears to be very well made. It is constructed of aluminum and stainless steel. Due to rain, I haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet. My cousin purchased one of the Do-All electric traps and he returned it due to excessive target breakage. He bought an Atlas AT50. I have several Do-All manual traps along with a Champion manual trap and all of them have met or exceeded my expectations.

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

You won't go wrong with Atlas traps. Even the basic one is a great machine. Well worth the little extra money. Mark

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

X3 on the Atlas, I have had one for about 10 years and has never missed a lick

I bought the swivel base accessory, but after looking at it if you are mechanical at all you could make one using a windshield wiper motor

6. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Atlas.had mine 4 5yrs 5K a year.0 problems.I have a Honda wiper motor swivel on mine.works great.

7. EEB

EEB Member

I have the AT250 with the wobble attachment. Can't say enough good about it. Throws like a champ. Nice people too at Atlas.

8. mono848

mono848 TS Member

When I bought mine, I talked to the guys at Howell Shooting Supply they were very helpful in selecting the right one for me, the champion easy bird with the oscillator, throws great trap targets but only holds 50 clays which gets a little aggravating

9. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

I Had an Atlas AT 250 in the trap for the first 3 years or so and it worked well, the Swivel base didn't work the best a good squad would shoot the same target until they changed post's.

10. rwtii

rwtii Member

MEC, the reloading guys just started to sell a line of traps. The look nice.

11. traploader

traploader Member

Western Retro makes a single stacker for the Western "White Flyer" Electric trap. The machine will oscillate side to side and throw automatic singles with a 50 target capacity. Can be upgraded to throw automatic singles or doubles.

Ian Brotherston Western Retro

Search tags for this page
atlas traps
automatic clay target thrower reviews

automatic skeet thrower reviews

electric clay target thrower
electric clay target throwers

electric trap thrower

electric trap throwers for sale

trap thrower reviews