1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What barrel would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shooting Jack, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I currently use a 686 Silver Pigeon o/u with a 30 inch barrel. I also have a BT99 that I use for singles. I am considering purchasing a singles barrel for the 686 but really don't know what to consider. As far as I know there are only two types of barrels. Which would you recommend. Jackie B.

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Unless your Silver Pigeon has a trap stock, you'll have to do something with the comb of your stock unless you find a 680 unsingle barrel (no step in the rib).

ss

3. Shooting Jack

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Well there are 32 inch and 34 inch top singles- and they have about 3 different type of ribs- a flat and medium step and high ramp so right there you have 6 choices-- and there are choked tube and fixed choke barrels so now you are up to 12 choices

Then unsingles-- 4 differnt ones

The unsingles are too heavy

Answer ( proably any of the top single choices that you find at a reasonable price as defined by $450 on up)

Then see if you even like shooting that gun

regards from Iowa

Gene

5. Shooting Jack

Thanks Gene, that was the kind of answer I was looking for. I have never shot a topsingle or unsingle in a 686. I figured whatever I bought could be resold if I didn't like it. I thought it might be nice to only take one gun but usually take several anyway. LOL Thanks again. Jackie B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.