1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what banks at sparta for the big dogs?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

what banks do the big dogs like to shoot at sparta. any banks that have a problem/background, sun etc.?

2. ky.shooter

ky.shooter Active Member

3. smsnyder

the reason i ask is i presquaded and they drew me number 1 bank on friday's grand american handicap shoot. i also drew bank 13 for tuesday handicaps, bank 16 for 200 16's event and bank 8a for saturday handicaps. starting position #4 all events. guess i did ok

4. schockstrap

schockstrap Active Member

Does it really matter? According to the program, you can't pick a bank to shoot on when presquadding -- only an early, middle, or late starting time. I remember the background being just about the same from all of the banks except #1 (I think), where there is an entrance road that runs between 2 of the traps. I had no problems shooting there, but did see someone drive down that road once -- that was a little disturbing. There's no planes landing in the background of any trap, though.

--Dan

5. Obsessed Racer

Obsessed Racer TS Member

Earl, you have theee! BIG DOG GUN of all time what else do you need?

6. Mr. Professional

Mr. Professional TS Member

7. smsnyder

obsessed racer. thanks, A big dog win. i do like the gun. it is PURDY. FlaLagarto. i will try. new gun new playing field.

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

If the big dogs presquaded, they got about what you did, Earl, some of this and some of that. If they wait they can take their chances and get what they want or take what's left and again, luck will help.

Neil

9. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Of course, if you were trying to secure more than "your fair share" of luck, you'd know that it's not choice of shooting banks that matters...it's choice of squad mates.

Square that little detail away, and the "good bank" will follow you wherever you go.

10. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

smsnyder:

I shot every event during last year's U.S. Open and every event during the first six days of last year's Grand American. That's ten days total. I'm not sure how many different banks I shot on but it was a bunch. I don't think I shot on any bank twice.

At one time or other I shot bank one (the extreme west end) and bank 27 (the extreme east end) as well as a bunch in between. I wouldn't describe any as "bad" or even questionable. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot on any of them again. I've been up and down the line several times. I wouldn't be disappointed to shoot over any of them.

Some banks do have idiosycracies. For example, one of the traps of bank one has a road (now closed) that runs straight out from the trap. One of my squad mates thought it was a bit of a distraction. I told him if his eyes were on the target where they belonged, he wouldn't see the road. Frankly, I never noticed the road when a target (mine or anyone else's) was in the air.

The one thing that's changed since last year is the addition of skeet houses on the west end banks. I've shot combination fields before so I don't see that as an issue but if someone is looking for an excuse, any excuse will do...

sissy

11. airborne

airborne TS Member

I have no problem with random banks for me or my squad mates but we are bringing 4 squads of kids for the SCTP. They range from 5th grade and under to high school, spread them out over 27 fields at staggered time sand let the fun begin. Multiply this by 2000 kids in those age groups. It could get interesting. Jack A.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.