1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What banks at Cardinal?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What banks are preferred at Cardinal center? I tend to like skyline backs. Thanks

2. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

They flop banks, sides and do end-for-end swaps at Cardinal - you'll shoot all of them.

Bob

3. blacklab

blacklab Member

They only flip at the state shoot.

4. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

The east end banks ae preferred due to the better background. The pre squad big dogs gobble them up on the 100 bird events. CED

5. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

If y'all (blacklab & clyde) are sure, I stand corrected, but I sure thought Dysinger was drawing & randomizing.

Bob

6. smsnyder

East bank numbers?

7. gridlock

gridlock Member

East banks are 1thru 4 and on the westend,the prefered banks are 9thru 12.As for a motel,the Holiday Inn Express I71 &rt.36 is probably the best bet. Rates are reasonable.Most any resturant you would want can be found within 15min drive. Cardinal,you will find,is one of the nicest grounds in the country. Good Luck

8. BIG PAPA

BIG PAPA Member

There are no prefered banks. They are all good. Bank one is on the east end. They go up as you go west. They DO NOT flip banks except at the state shoot. If the Holiday Inn express is full, just go down the road to the next exit (just a few miles) and there will be over a thousand rooms at that exit.

9. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

The osta doesn't run the Cardinal Shoots. We only run the state shoot. You shoot the same banks both 100's in the singles at Cardinal shoots, we flips ends at the state shoot. We never draw banks. Saying all this having been at every shoot over the last 5 years at Cardinal I've noticed some things about scores. Many handicap winners come from banks 6,7,8, for some reason. Even with the tree background the scores on these banks seem high.

If it's really windy the East end is kind of ruff, but has the best sky background. All in all I haven't seen any one particular bank stand out as always winning. It really depends alot on wind direction and sun light.

Personally I like 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11. I don't like the East end much at all and I only shoot that way if I shoot with guys that like that end. i always pick west when I'm by myself. I've shot every bank on the grounds at one time or other. Brad

10. smsnyder

Thanks big help

11. zimmie

zimmie Active Member

I think bank 6 is good. Zimmie

12. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

I like bank 10.
    Doug Allison

13. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Zimmie, what bank did you shoot your last handicap on?

Never got that beer either.....I'll collect at the Cardinal.

14. zimmie

zimmie Active Member

Setterman, bank 6 I will have a cooler full of cold ones, hope river rat shows up. see u there. Zimmie

15. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I see a lot of preference to banks 2 and 3

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

16. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Zimmie: Will that be the same cooler full you had at the Ohio shoot...just some new ice?? Roger

17. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

Brad. You better now. Did my guy get there with the beneficiary forms for you to fill out. see you next week Motordoc

18. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

smsnyder, I suggest you go to Cardinal, try the different banks, and draw your own conclusions as to which banks you like the best. That way you will know for sure which banks to shoot on when you return to the next shoot. Part of the fun of this game is learning those things. I suggest you keep a journal that you can refer to in the future. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

19. zimmie

zimmie Active Member

Roger, i bought fresh for every one but brad, it like it old and warm.
    zimmie

20. GROCERY GUY

GROCERY GUY Member

Brad, sounds like you better have the EMS on stand-by.See ya next week,I hope!!
    Glenn Allison

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.