1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your experiences with the Perazzi MX-2005

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cottondoctor, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

I would appreciate hearing from those who either have now– or have had in the past– a Perazzi MX-2005. Please take a second to comment on the gun…..like it….don’t like it .. etc and why. Also if you have experience please compare the MX-2005 to the MX-2000-RS.

Please use email if you do not wish to comment here.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Had two MX-2005,s nice shooting gun but a real pain in the butt when shooting is over . It does not stand up well in a gun rack will not lean on a wall it just a pain and hard to carry

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I found.. for me.. there was NO crossover with a MX2005/2008.. It must be my ONLY gun.. If I did that..they shot well indeed... I could not go back and forth with a flat rib.. a step rib.. a low rib MX-10.. Then my scores went to pot.. If I stayed with the 2005..it became a very easy gun to shoot..
    I think some of the shooters here remember the DB-81.. with its high rib... It was a love hate thing.. I'm not sure there is any middle ground here.. But this is only my opinion..

4. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

I currently shoot a MX2005 and shoot it as well as any other shotgun that I've ever owned. Before I bought the gun, I was warned that it might be difficult to move from the high rib to a fixed rib, but I have not found that to be a problem. I shoot singles and handicap with the 2005 and doubles, bunker, skeet, clays and wobble with an MX2000/3. I'm a one-eyed shooter so I don't see as much of the side of the barrel and rib as a two-eyed shooter might see, which may account for the easy transition. I also prefer a set up that is about 70/30 and can set either gun exactly the same or a little flatter for wobble, skeet and clays.

I love the trigger and have found the gun to be very dependable throught the first 15,000 to 20,000 rounds. My only regret is that I didn't buy the combo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
can i get a new rib for my perazzi mx2005
perazzi gun mx 2005 review
perazzi mx 2005

perazzi mx 2005 review

perazzi mx 2005 reviews
perazzi mx 2005 trap

perazzi mx2005

perazzi mx2005 review