1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your eating habits at registered shoots?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cunninmp, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

Coyote,
    I'll eat light in the morning and a light lunch.
    As Daro Handy says, "A hungry bear is a mean bear".
    Mike C.
    Groveland, CA

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Usually to often and to much.

3. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

All the homemade pie I can find!

4. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

6. shark1

shark1 Member

I start the day with pancakes and eggs, and coffee. Lunch 22oz rib-eye rare loaded bake potato, and steamed shrimp tray. Supper 1 rack of ribs and BBQ slaw. Need I say more life is short eat well! On Sundays it's Italian food. LOL
    Michael Sharkey, DC
    PS go to CHARLIE GITTO's in STL. fine food.

7. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Early in the day I like to "feast" on 16 yard targets lightly basted with fresh hollandaise. Early in the afternoon lunch consists of 100 handicap targets served on a soft roll with onions, mushrooms and sauce. Dinner is a hearty serving of doubles targets roasted over a hearty fire on 1 ounce 8s.

Some days I "eat" well, other days I seem to get less nutrition from these "meals", and occasionally I leave at the end of the day with a bad case of heartburn. Since I started "eating" with my blond sweetheart from Canton, Ohio, the heartburn days are getting further and further apart. Thanks, Dennis.

Never give up.

Mike Mann

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I like a light lunch and a good meal at supper. I find most gun clubs have too much food for lunch; a greasy cheese burger and large fries and soft drink and the heart burn afterward doesn't help for shooting a good score.

9. dhip

dhip Active Member

haven't hot one yet

10. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Ask Phil KIner!!!!!!!!!!Judging by Paublo's group picture I would say to ask him. LOL :)

11. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

On Shooting Days I start off with Steak and Eggs, bacon, etc....For lunch I usually whip up a Ribeye on the grill with some iced tea....Then in the evening another Ribeye smothered in mushrooms and onions. On non-shooting days the menu is the same!!! Sometimes at the shoots I have no money because I spend it all on steak!!..But I also LOVE chicken !!!...Sorry I have to go now, having steaks on the grill!!!!.........Uncle Sam, Pa.

12. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner of Champions..

FRedmon

13. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I usually eat a good portion for breakfast, like bacon, eggs, waffles, etc. It depends on where we are eating. Lunch depends on when I am shooting, and where I am at. Usually it is light, consisting of crackers, peanuts, or maybe a hamburger. For supper/dinner, always good! How good, depends on if I hit any options!

14. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I generally have a light breakfast the morning of a shoot and then don't eat anything until supper time....and I drink plenty of water....

15. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

A decent breakfast (early) then no more food until the shooting is done. Really has a bad effect of slowing me down on the last event of the day which is normally doubles.

After the shooting, the first meal consists of cereal beverages.

16. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

While I like the idea of having lunch at the clubs I frequent that host ATA events, it depends on the club and the food served. There a few clubs where I would not touch their food.

Last year, the winter league at our our local club partnered with a lady who served barbaque, kilbasa and other sausages, crab cakes (my fav), soup and either bread pudding or homemade cake. It was wonderful!

Now those sausages at the tarheelclub sure look yummy...and brings up an interesting side bar question...does your club serve leafy salads?

17. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Considering what most trap shooters look like. They eat just about anything, anytime, and anywhere----especicaly if it's free....

18. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Couldn't resist ...

I normally try to keep it to food, but on many occasions I eat crow! ;-)

WW

19. razor

razor TS Member

i like to start off the day with a large stack of pancakes with a half a stick of butter spread between the cakes and three eggs overeasy on top of the cakes and break the yolks so they run down off the sides and pure maple syrup to top it all. along with a double order of bacon. for lunch a burger or tuna salad on toast. and supper which i eat late around 8 or 9 is just a honeymoon salad. [lettice alone] razor

20. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Light breakfast. couple of pieces of fruit for snacks. Usually buy lunch at the club to support the kitchen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.