1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your children telling you

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 391 shooter, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I am curious if any readers and posters here have children or grand children in elementary school, Jr High or High school as to what they are being told and taught in public schools now about firearms.

I just read on The Blaze about a 5 year old interigated until he wet his pants and was expelled for 10 days because of cap guns and it made me wonder what your kids are being taught.

2. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I saw on the news this morning a kid got expelled for "biting" a gun out of his Pop Tart

They showed a picture of it and they really had to use their imagination to see a gun out of the Pop Tart remains

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its insane fellas. This Country has went to hell in a handbag. I can remember playing war/cops&robbers/cowboys&indians in kindergarten and grade school on recess. Nobody thought twice about it and we certainly never got in trouble. We were normal kids that grew up to normal adults. It made me sad the way school had changed for my now 19yr old and with a 5yr old starting Kindergarten, its gotten even worse. Thankfully the area I live is very Conservative with hunting being the norm. High school has a Trap team and kids get out of school to deer hunt.

4. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The more urban the school the less common sense is available

5. lumpys600

lumpys600 Member

I really don't hear much for our school district. My kids are so pro- gun and they would tell me if someone was teaching such garbage.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

First off, if your children are attending "public" school, they are being "indoctrinated" not Taught.

If your child is in or heading to a "public" university, IT will only get WORSE, for THEM.

Liberals only teach one thing, LIBERALISM and if you just try and think outside the box they are doing their level best to put you in, YOU will receive a failing grade.

It cost me a small fortune BUT I kept my kids from "public education". If the private school didn't fit the bill, they were home schooled until one came available.

It called sacrificing for your children. If you can't, your either selfish or just plain ole lazy.

Sorry to be so blunt, but the truth hurts! I've offend lots of liberal teachers in exposing them to the truth!! Remember Wisconsin!??

Neil Cavuto today had a perfect example of what happens to your children on College campus. Reporter went on campus with a "Thank You IRS" card!! Should open some eyes here what they said!!! Mainly because it was the Tea Party, it was ok with them that "targeting" took place, all most all who stopped to talk, SIGNED!!!!! The reporter who Neil interviewed was even Shocked! at the inability to "think" shown by these students!!

Your hard earned money just got flushed!!!

7. Bthompson77

Bthompson77 TS Member

We live in Wyoming, my son who is in 8th grade had to do a report and presentation in front of the class on Wyatt Earp. He was required to wear the appropriate attire that his character would have worn. We asked the principal if he could wear his double rig metal cap guns with the hat, shirt, boots, and jeans. The school principal said absolutely. No problems were caused, nobody freaked out, and no lunch money was stolen that day. I told him he was probably the only kid in America that had a set of metal cap guns strapped to his side that day. Common sense still prevails in parts of the U.S.

8. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

9. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

I teach in North Phila @ High School, MY KIDS see and know way too much from the streets. They are aware that I am a responsible gun owner.

10. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

The public school my kids attended and grandkids attend have an outdoors club. They go to the gun club and shoot trap, skeet, and sporting clays. A lot of the teachers are pro-gun. Thanks, Hoosier

11. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

That is good to hear!!

Its zero (in)tolerance around here(WA)!! and right in the middle of still a lot of hunters and gun owners.

Keep up the good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.