1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SanDiegoShooter, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SanDiegoShooter

SanDiegoShooter TS Member

With the economy in the tank and the Dems in firm control of DC I thought it would be nice just to think about a few things I am thankful for.

My wife for sure....She puts up with my trap shooting and no matter how bad a mood I am in she can always make me smile.

My 3 month old baby girl. I can now say that life really starts when you have kids.

My trap shooting buddies. (Many of you visit this site) Spending time with you guys really makes the sport for me.

My job....Frustrating at times but I am very thankful to have a job.

The health and myself, family and friends.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? May God bless you all and have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

-Mike

2. atashooter

atashooter Member

My toilet paper...

It's always warm.

It's always soft.

And it keeps taking crap off me with no complaints....

3. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

My memories of growing up in a free country.

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

Despite what I think is a horrendous mistake in the last election, we must stand together with our nation and hope the best for it.

The Republic MUST survive. God Bless America and those who love it. May God Help America in its time of need.

5. AlanM

AlanM Member

Just being alive after the surgery I just had.

Alan

6. hoov

hoov Member

ALAN;
    Hope everything is OK. Earl from SYRIA,Pgh.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I'm thankfull for my wife, my family, my friends,good health for those that are family and friends including all the people that visit this site.

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

My wife and 2 sons, ages 4 and 6mos. are going to my in-laws in VT. I have to stay back in NY all by myself, it's hunting season, and I don't have to work from Thurs. - to Mon.. Woe is me. I'm not sure how I'll cope without them. :)

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Thats Iam allowed to post here.

All my family and friends (the ones that admit it anyway).

My future bride (recurvyarcher),all that she has brought to my life and for warm, friendly, loving personality. And how all her family seems to like me.

That Iam able to shoot as much as I do.

That I hunt as much as I do and for all the private land access Iam fortunate enough to have.

My health.

That I can afford a meal for a few more days.

My business that is really doing well.

All the people that I meet through my business. Many have become dear friends.

Getting to see new parts of our country constantly.

For all that I have been able to do and all that I've learned (ain't much).

10. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I am thankful that I still have my wife. She had a heart attack at the end of September. As she is progressing back to normal, I am also thankful I have good insurance. I am thankful that my kids are OK, my mother and my aunt are still with us. I am thankful to be gainfully employed (for at least the near future). I am thankful I was born in America and not in Somalia or any number of other ----hole places. And for so many little things –

11. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

I'm thankful my sister is still alive after being diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer 18 months ago. She saw her first grandchild born on November 1st and is at their home holding that baby. She'll see another Thanksgiving, another Christmas and hopefully another birthday.

When you sit at your family table, please say a prayer for her!

12. white rattler

white rattler Member

Nothing. Trevor Dawe.

13. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I am extermly thankful I am not white rattler. Mark Mauch

14. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

There are so many things to be thankful for it's hard to list them. Family, nation, health, loved ones, job, friends and co-workers, faith,the list goes on and I'm sure I've left out some of the more important ones but I have to go to bed I'm old and my bones are needing a rest:) Dan

15. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

The fact I am blessed far beyond what I deserve.

I couldn't possibly list all the things I am thankful for ... so I wish all of you a blessed, healthy and Happy Thanksgiving!

Bob Schultz

16. jerryw

jerryw TS Member

I'm with Bob. I have so many things that I have been blessed with that I don't know where to start.

In spite of several "Old Age" problems I am the luckiest man in the world. I have the best wife and family a man could possibly ask for.

I am very concerned with the direction this wonderful country is headed but I still think that we will survive this and get the country turned around in the right direction.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Jerry Walker

17. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That I still have my Second Amendment rights.<br>
    <br>
    At least until Jan 20th.

18. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Being on the topside of the ground. Seeing that even my elderly loved ones are enjoying life and really not in any great pain despite infirmities of old age.

Seeing that we can still express ourselves and differing opinions without fear in this country.

Having all that we have; imagine...we can shoot for recreation, not for just harvesting food or protecting ourselves. How lucky can we be? That's living large in the big scheme of things.

...and that we have enough bounty to have weight problems in our country, and the smarts to solve most of our problems...and thankful that I live in a spirited and energetic and democratic country.

19. ShawnaTX

ShawnaTX TS Member

My 3 children.....one has passed on and he is missed terribly, but I am thankful for having had him for 25 wonderful years. My kids are my world.

20. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

My wife, my kids, my grandbabies and the good friends I've met shootin' trap...you know who you are...including White Rattler...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.