1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you guys paying?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by sglfr45, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I am in the reloading and ammo supply business. I was curious to what you are paying for shot and bargain ammo (Diana, Rio, Noblesport,etc)? I am interested to see what prices are over the U.S. and abroad. Thanks for any input!

Matt Woodson - Woodson Enterprises
    (270) 804-5454

2. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Any input? My traveling store is selling shot for $41.00 a bag. Bargain ammo depends on brand, but usually around $58.00 a flat. Was @ Gander Mountain the other day, and shot was $54.95 plus tax.

Matt

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I would input, but I am still living off 20.00 lead, 17.00 Winchester primers, 80 cans of 700X, 50.00 a case wads. When I buy, I buy a lot so I don't have to mess with it. I sort of lucked out, not knowing prices were headed up so steeply.

When those are gone, I will no doubt have price shock, and load up again. Inflation is a funny beast, and it is just the cost of living, so I pay up and enjoy the sport.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Matt, Up here in South Western Ontario, Canada the best prices on shot are $39 - $40 per 25 lb. bag (not the high antimony stuff). Winchester Super Target shells are $53 per flat and Federal Top Guns are $52 per flat. These are all plus taxes. Shells are expected to go up about 20%. We are expecting shot to drop in the not too distant future, since the price of lead is dropping. Bill Malcolm

5. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

yes, shot prices are dropping. I have been selling the Eagle Shot (made in Peru) for $41.00 a bag. Lawrence has gotten to be a better buy. From what my distributors tell me, we will see shot in the $20 price range again.

Matt

6. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

If we ever see $20/bag shot, my suburban will be staying outside because my side of the garage will be full of lead.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The price of lead is $.96 a pound today. HMB

8. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

If I could find good shot for $38-41/bag, I would be very happy.

About 50 bucks retail here in Minnesota.

9. Pugs

Pugs TS Member

$38.00 for Eagle shot 2 weeks ago.

10. Bitter American

Bitter American TS Member

50 dollers at Sportsmans in Washington. It would nice even at $40 right now.

11. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

I will be interested to see what shot is selling for at the Great Lakes Grand this week. Bill Malcolm

12. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Matt:

A dealer in Central Illinois bought a cargo shipping container full last fall. The following retail prices are good until that inventory is gone. And... their almost gone.

Rio: light 7 1/2 or 8's, $52/flat

Rio: heavy 7 1/2 or 8's, $54.20/flat

Centurions: light 7 1/2, $51/flat

All prices include all applicable taxes.

sissy

13. SR1

SR1 TS Member

I am in wny state and can get westcoast shot for $39.95 a bag and rem.gun club shells for around $56 a flat.

14. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Well, shot prices are pretty consistent. $37.00 - 40.00 a bag. Except for those big name places making a killing. People that bought a bunch of ammo last year are still able to sell cheap. I know that some of you buy from your local dealer, and that is great! It goes to show you that major companies (Sportsmans, Gander Mountain, Cabela's, etc) are making money. They do have alot of overhead though. Please don't ever forgot about the littleman like me and your local dealer when you buy!

Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.