1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the symptoms of lead poisoning?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by biff, Nov 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

I have a couple of friends who make lead shot out of wheel weights and was wondering what are the symptoms of lead poisoning. One was making it where there was little or no ventilation and the other seemed to feel there was no dangers involved; anyway his wife has insisted that he go for testing to see if he has accumulated any, won't know the results till next week. I also have heard the condition is irreversable, no wonder the recall of all the Chinese painted toys. Biff

2. grammie

grammie TS Member

Inhaling lead fumes causes pre-mature grey hair,,,,,it takes the lead out your pencil,,,,and settles deep into the bones of your body,,,it sometimes takes years for symtoms to show,,,sometimes dark rings under the eyes,,,lethargic movement,,,come with it!!! And a whole lot worse....

AKA Grammie.....

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

98.5% of lead poisoning is from ingesting the lead. So the first safety rule is don't eat the lead. HMB

4. biff

biff Active Member

I also failed to mention the decline of the Roman Empire was thought to be due to lead poisoning. The leadership were unable to reproduce caused by the effects lead in the drinking vessels. Their reproductive systems and all those who later ascended to power ended up living the same way and suffered the same fate of being unable to produce children. Heresay maybe, Biff

5. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

The cure is easy, join the Marines they will get the lead out of your ass.

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Mash on the link. It has some info on lead poisoning. Jim

7. Ron Frazier

Ron Frazier TS Member

That's easy:
    Subject: If I could I would
    Email:
    Date: Tue, Nov 20, 2007 - 10:53 AM CT
    Website Address:

If I could be Bill Clinton I would cause then I would be close to Hillary and could ... well ... never mind but I would if I could!

8. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

your scores keep going down and sex is not interesting anymore.

9. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Smsnyder.....You don't have lead poisoning....You're DEAD!

10. biff

biff Active Member

Jim101, Thanks for the info post, also the one from chemist as it puts a personal connection to it.

Another person informed me that there are small portions of arnesic as a by product of lead and it accumulates in the body; arnesic as we know is much worse than lead poisoning! The reason I mention this, as some of you know I am health conscious as are many of you. Since I am trying to eleminate red meat and dairy products and have been consuming more chicken and fish. In one report I read it seems one source for arnesic accumulation in our body can come from chicken producers feeding chickens minute amounts of arnesic for internal parasite control. Fast food chicken was tested for the highest amount, I hated to read this.

If you want to find out what you are eating, Google the 95 minute video "Earthlings" I didn't have the stomach to eat anything for 2 days! Biff

11. k4wma

k4wma TS Member

A sure symptom is copious ventilation of the upper left torso should a perpetrator be unfortunate enough to find himself in the entryway of my home without authority ;)

12. earlsue

earlsue TS Member

The people here joke about this, it is no joke. I've had lead poisoning, you are kind of dizzy, can't judge distance or other simple functions you normally do. Also I had hemoriging under my skin on my ankles and wrists.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What are the symptoms of lead poisoning?

Read posts by Sammie and you'll see.

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

Brian made an excellent point. The primary damage caused by lead is neurological. In young children, brain development is retarded. In adults, some brain functions are reduced. A quick scan through the posts on this site might raise some question about lead poisoning among trapshooters.

One of the treatments for high body lead levels is drinking large amounts of high fat milk.

biff- Small amounts of arsenic was used to amalgamate antimony with lead. It seems that recently, antimony has been replaced by other hardeners and I do not know how widespread the use of arsenic is now.

Pat Ireland

15. willing

willing Member

It gets worse when you start peeing lead shot. 7 1/2 or 8s depending on seriousness.

bill

16. biff

biff Active Member

DA,sure I do and I did: let's just consider this as a public service announcement. B

17. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Voting democratic!!

18. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I pee #4s, used to pee #2s but the toilet kept breaking.

19. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Signs of lead poisoning: 1. Need to spend large sums of money for new trap gun to break 3 cent targets; 2. Spending $50 for one sack of lead; 3. Shooting 99 straight targets only to drop the last target; 4. Driving 100 miles one way to shoot ATA targets in 50 mph wind and rain only to win a $20 purse; 5. Getting two punches back to the 27 yard line and then averaging 87 targets the rest of the week; finally 5. Actually thinking trap shooting is fun! Fred

20. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    DevilsAdvocate, quote: "You ever hear of Google there Biff. Aquisition of the link posted above took 0.24 seconds. Even a lazy person can wait that long to get accurate, factual and up to date information and not have to waste the time of the TS.com medical professionals."

Now, now, he's not seeking advice from google. He's seeking advice from fellow trapshooters. And it ought to be noted that google does not always come up with the most USEFUL information. People here might have some outstanding knowledge and first hand experience with the subject at hand.

Otherwise, David could simply post, "Please google your trap quesiton" and close the board, saving a lot of money for bandwidth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.