1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What are the best lights for lighting trap

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

What are the best lights out there for lighting a trap field. Our lights are old and out dated. A mix match of sizes and types. Whant bulbs and reflectors.
    I checked out rangeinfo.com their light models seem like old tech to me also.

2. dbcook

dbcook TS Member

musco the best outdoor lighting available if they make something in the size you need dwain

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

My partner and I have sold many sets of these to trap ranges around the state of SD.

We recommend the Hubbell Sports Light in 1500watt. This is NOT a quartz, but an EXTREMELY super-bright white light. They can be either 110V or 220V. We always suggest the 220V.

Optimally, two per trap is about 150% more than necessary, but with two the angles are light up like day time. You will see these used at tennis courts, soccer fields, baseball/football stadiums. They are not that expensive. You can probably get them for under $300 each.

[​IMG]

More info:
    [​IMG]

This is what they look like. Hubbell lights are sold within protected territories, FYI.

Whiz White

4. perga1

perga1 Active Member

You really don't want to use the High Pressure Sodium units listed. Go with the Metal Halide. Also, if 3 phase is available use it because it reduces the chance of Strobe effect. If only single phase is available then use 220V. JRM

5. 9point3

9point3 Well-Known Member

Musco is the one that I would choose.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We went with metal halide, a mix of 1000 and 1500 watt lamps. We have skeet and trap overlay fields, so 6 lamps per field was required.

The local head of Wesco at the time designed the layout with other professional input, and we have been happy with it for years.

Hindsight says not to put them too high, you want them looking out as well as down. If I did it over they would be a tad lower.

HM

7. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Markham Park just finished re-lighting all six fields with new Muscos. 3 poles per field in a 3-4-3 layout for a total of 10 fixtures per field. Twice the brightness and whiteness with half the running cost of the old Musco system. Place looks like Yankee Stadium with all the lights on.

Eric

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Mac, the Woburn Sportmans club in Mass. is in the process of updating their lights, you have mail....

9. VNVET

VNVET Member

So how does this sound for a combination skeet & trap field. Single pole, center of the field at the 30yd line, 25 feet up with six 1500 watt, Hubbell Sports lights, metal halide, four fixtures per pole. One aimed to the left, Two aimed down the middle for trap and the other aimed to the right. We do have 220 volts single phase power.
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best lights for trap shooting

trap field lighting layout

trap shooting outdoor lighting