1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what are the benefits of expensive trap guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jess r, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jess r

jess r TS Member

I have just got back into trap after about 15 years off. I have a bt-99 that works good, but i have to change guns for doubles. When I was younger I always wanted an unsingle combo gun, and still do. I like the new beretta, browning and skb models; but I am wondering if i should maybe go with a used perazzi or a k-80 or something like that. My questions are do I really need an unsingle barrel or will I be fine with just an over and under? Is the unsingle only lighter? Is it all about the fit? Are the more expensive guns easier to make fit? Is stuff like backboring and forcing cones nicer in the expensive guns and if they are how much nicer? I really don't care what engravings are in a gun i just want it to shoot nice. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it. thanks,
    jess

2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Stay within your price range and enjoy shooting. Thats the most important part.

Joe Woods/Ontario

3. trpshtr2001

trpshtr2001 TS Member

Joe has it right.

4. JRW

JRW Member

2 threads are not needed? jrw

5. Rick173

Rick173 TS Member

You have a winding back country road and your choice is a Chevy or a Ferrari. They will both get you there but the Ferrari will do it a little smoother and a little easier. Neither is wrong or right.
    Shoot well
    Rick Shoop PA

6. zap

zap TS Member

I totally agree with above comments. The truth is if the gun you have fits properly it will shoot as good as most other guns. Sometimes reliability becomes a part of the equasion but even the way high dollar guns nore often than not have the same issues a less expensive one does.(and usually cost more to fix) I pers think pride of ownership has more to do with the high dollar investments than actual shootability , but thats ok . Just dont think you need to spend a ton to shoot better because thats generally a big misconception

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I cant stand this pride of ownership thing. My 14 year old boy has a $245.00 spr 100 that he probably shoots better than most people on here and I hate to tell you he has a bunch of pride in owning his gun. I mite add that it is a standing family joke for him to go put down the big time shooters with there big time guns. We have a chalk board plum full of the big time gunners. With that tally growing every time he shoots.

8. gbatch

gbatch TS Member

One of the benefits of buying an expensive trap gun (or any other expensive gun) is you no longer have that money and don't have to keep track of it, or worry about how to invest it, or wonder what kind of risk the investment is that it's in, if you die who will get it etc. etc.

Some might also even say that the chase is more fun than the kill.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

9. buckwheat

buckwheat TS Member

It's not what you pay for the gun that will put you in the poor house. It's what you feed it!
    Dan King

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

I own a high dollar gun .( what ever that is ) After 35 years of working my ass off I guess if I buy a nice trap gun it,s my business . I shoot it better then any gun I ever owned . So really if you like your Rem-Win or what ever good for you . I did,t ask you to help pay for my trap gun so kiss my butt .

KEYBEAR

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

My mx-15 v.my previous 390st, Bt100, 682, 391. Fit me better, much better trigger, stock dimensions. Easier adjustability as my skills improve. Even within the Perazzi family from a DB-81 to mx-15 fo the balance. ALL these are relative to me. YMMV..Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.