1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what are Rem 870 TCs selling for?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by senior smoke, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

depends what 870 tc's you are taling about. in the milwaukee wisconsin area, a new 870 tc with choke tubes are selling at gander mountain anywhere from $889.00 to 999.00 depending on how much figure is in the wood. i feel they are very overpriced. use tc with choke tubes going for $650-750.00. now if you can find an old tc with the red pad and no choke tubes, i feel that is a better gun. a used one i saw, like new was going for $650.00.
    steve balistreri

2. Timbob44

Timbob44 Member

Hello,

I sold one Sunday with choke tubes for $600.00. Thanks Tim

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I would look for an older one with fixed choke they were made better and the old barrels are said to be truer. I have seen them go for 500.00 to 650.00 condition and wood being the difference some of the old TC's had great wood.

Buddy

4. jimx200

jimx200 Member

There are no new production TC's...the 870 trap model is called the Classic. Still one of the best bang-for-the buck guns out there. However, an older TB or TC with fixed choke would be my first choice...with 5 of these in the safe, I know what my weakness is when I come across a nice one.
    I'm still lusting after the All American that MIA posted last month.

5. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

My first trap gun was an 870TC. It was made I believe around 1960. It had beautiful wood and in my opinion; a lot better built than the newer 870's. When you pumped the gun it was solid, (similiar to the Model 12). The newer ones feel like they were made out of "tin cans". I too, would look around for an older model. Remington seemed to have cheapened all their products as the years went by. If they continue with this trend they will end up like Winchester. My opinion. Ed

6. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

I have a 1969 model. It is the first trap gun I owned. I think it is an over priced 870 nothing more...........Roger

7. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Roger, may the ghost of Fred Etchen visit you at midnight....lol. Over priced 870? That gun will be shooting long after most any trap gun made. Granted they may not be as "smooth" as the Model 31 or a Model 12, but if there ever was a pump that is pretty much indestructable, it's the 870. Now go to church and repent for your blasphemy...

8. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Saw a couple on gunsamerica and gunbroker within the past month for $375-$450 range. They were actual TCs with lots of photos

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Like new 870 TC's are app. 450.00 in this area.

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Have a NIB classic for $575.00

11. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

In August of 2006, I paid $525 plus shipping for a NIB TC from another poster on here. I've owned one for about 25 years but my son didn't have one - I believe that every trapshooter ought to have at least one 870 trap model!

Ed

12. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Jimx200, It's still an 870.....and I still shoot it once in a while, by the way, I saw a guy shooting doubles with an 870 this fall. He had a blue laminated stock and forend and was the quickest pump gun doubles shooter I have ever seen ............Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.