1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What are any advantages of a Ljutic over a KS5 Spc

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RioVistaBob, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

I have a nice KS5 Special (adj rib, etc) that I use as a backup in case something happens to my main gun(s). I was thinking of trading it for a Ljutic Mono but besides the mechanical differences is there any shooting advantages in the Ljutic vs the KS5, (swing, target hitting, speed, etc)? Or does it come down to personal taste like most everything else.

Thanks

Bob

2. bgf

bgf Active Member

A few differences...

You KS-5 is the only mid-line barrel gun on the market now that I know of. Your gun cocks on opening..some like that. The Mono is a top single and has very few moving parts in the trigger. It is a long lasting no problem gun. I liked both when I had them but prefer the Ljutic.

Bernie

3. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Bernie,

Yes it takes awhile to get used to opening the KS5. Shooting wise is there much difference on how they hit or move to the targets?

Bob

4. biff

biff Active Member

Bob, I owned a KS5 Special and liked it alot, it is fairly simple, but I could not work on it like I can the Ljutic I now own. The KS5 is a lighter gun and generated much more recoil than my Ljutic. Because of the lighter weight of the K gun I developed a flinch and had to go to a release trigger. They both were well balanced, pointed and felt good but the K gun was a little more whippy. Used Ljutics to me are a better buy and can be bought with about 5 different rib configurations: what's more they are made in the USA!

What gun are you backing up with the K gun? Have you ever shot a Ljutic? Biff

5. RioVistaBob

RioVistaBob Member

Biff,

I have never shot a Ljutic. This gun is backup to my (2)Beretta S04's.

One is a 29.5" Pigeon and Bunker gun, the other is a combo with a 34" Un Single and a 32" o/u

thanks for the info

Bob

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You can always re-sell a used KS-5 but used Ljutics often turn into boat anchors!!

7. biff

biff Active Member

Ollie, Now that's a harsh statement; I adopted my two Ljutics into the family!

Bob, I would think the K gun would probably feel more like your Berettas in weight, feel and in the trigger than the Ljutic. Biff

8. bgf

bgf Active Member

I beg to differ. I got more for my Ljitic then what I paid for it.

I will agree that the Ljutics are considerably heavier. They are built like a tank, and as such, last like one.

Bernie

9. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Sorry biff, that's the typical experience I've had with them on the East coast!!

10. Aintlost

Aintlost Member

Bob, I bought a used Ljutic, I called Ljutic, talked to Jimmy Ljutic, and bought a extra firing pins, coking rod retaining pins and a hammer spring for less than $125.00. I have shoot 391, 1100, and TM1, there is nothing that shoots like a Ljutic( I love mine) They are so simple Ray Charles could install all the above mentioned parts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.