1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What Adjustable Butt Pad is Best?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I know this subject has been discussed on here before, but I've searched and can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for. As of now I'm shooting my BT-99 with a Morgan adjustable pad. I went to my first registered shoot this past weekend and shot horrible, my best score was a 22 and that was only 2 times out of 8...I'd just shot a 25 at my local club 3 days before so I figured I am having troubles mounting the gun consistently every time. I started messing with my pad and decided I need a pad that I can adjust further down and tilt a little bit to help me get the gun in the right spot every time so it is comfortable. I have been kind of looking, but am wondering what adjustable pads there are out there that do what I am looking for. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Josh.

2. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

I personally have used the 'Country Gentleman' gun fitting shop for years. First with Jerry Nelson and now with Todd, Jerry's son.

I've always been happy with their work and they guarantee it. Their work is well know in trapshooting circles. You can connect with them at various shoots or ship your gun to them for service. Please see the website URL above.

Michael Stephenson

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Based on popularity, I sell and install more "100 Straight" pad adjusters than any others.

Ed Yanchok

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The Nelsons have a great product and are great people. I have Nelson Pad-a-Juster # 13. I have had them install 5 or 6 over the years. The son and the brother travel to major shoots. I would pick them due to the personal touch.

5. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Well I'm going to the national SCTP shoot on August 3rd, so maybe I'll be able to find someone there that can help. After looking at some of the adjustable pads online, I don't know if I want to spend the $180+ on something like that when, in my opinion, it isn't worth that. Thanks for the help, Josh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best adjustable butt pad

best adjustable butt pad trap shotgun