1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

what about them spolars

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Those spolars are several times better than their nearest competitor

what a great reloader

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Best of the best!

3. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gene

Do you even own a spolar?????

4. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

I am going out to load on mine right now, Love that machine.

Jack

5. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Obvious effort to start some debate that will degenerate into a 5th grade school yard fight, complete with 12th grade name calling.

I have no doubt that Spolar is a terrific, if not "the" best reloader available, so what is the point to the post?

6. g7777777

They arent a reloader Didreckon

They are actually a pleasure to work with- its enjoyable to reload on them

werent you trying to by a used one awhile ago?

regards from Iowa

Gene

Just very relaxing and enjoyable to reload on one-- not sure I can say that about any other reloader

7. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Gene,

I agree, Spolar is a real pleasure to deal with. I bought hydraulic from them to go on my PW 800+. I happen to think it is a slick setup, but to evaluate spolar as best, or PW as best, that is very subjective.

I like the shell feeder, so unless and until Spolar has one, they are not high on my dance card of new toys. I like Spolar hydraulic over PW for the simple reason of the electronic foot control. It works well, and was simple to setup. Several TS.com'ers pointed that out, so it was an easy choice.

I have never had to work with PW directly, as they have a secret weapon by the name of Whiz, and he is every bit as great a resource as Dicksie and Carter, who I think are tops as well.

If I found a used Spolar laying around, I might no doubt be tempted for sure. I was bagging Mec and evaluating spolar and PW about a year ago or so, so yes I was scouting around for both. Just went PW for feeder.

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I don't believe I'm agreeing with G7777777777 on something.

I have had a Spolar for years and I don't know how many 1,000's of re-manufactured shells. My opinion is there is no comparison.

Don

9. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

For those of us who have placed our Spolar in the garage, the coffee table was too low, it seems to work just fine and do what it was designed for. My wife accuses me of liking the Spolar better than her... not so... I love my Spolar, then my wife--- oops wrong... it is Spolar, Mach One, then wife. One has to get their priorities straight. Fred

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

And to think I own two of 'em. Kinda like 1100's-always have an extra in case one breaks!!

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Gee, ollie, I didn't know they broke down often enough to keep a spare handy.

Thanks for the info.

Hauxfan!

12. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

After all this talk about how wonderful this machine is, I may just get back into reloading. Steve
    PS-of course I need to get that P/W also so I can check them both out

13. skinitback777

skinitback777 TS Member

My question is if I sell my mec 9000G and bought a spolar how log at todays shot prices would it take to pay for it self over buying cheap shells for practice and top shelf shells for comp., Shooting around 10 thousand rounds a year.

14. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

JCS- You can't see if a primer went into the machine? What are you talking about? I have no problem seeing it on mine.

15. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

There's about 15 guys, total, on the entire TS.com site who do not use MECs. They love to tell the rest of us.

16. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Haux, I'm still trying to break my first one but I can never get rid of my 1100 mentality!!

17. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Well, Ollie, I hear that they are an awesome reloader. But in over 30 years of reloading, I've never wore a Mec out, so I never needed to have a spare one on hand.

Hauxfan!

18. dverna

dverna Active Member

I have both a Spolar hydraulic and an 800+ (with shell feeder).

I do over 80% of my reloading on the PW as the Spolar is set up to load GM hulls and it does not do as good a job on the AA's as the PW. (I know it can be adjusted but I hate fretting with crap like that)

The GM's come out great on the Spolar but I actually load faster on the PW - must be my lack of experience with the hydraulic Spolar.

I love both machines. I was planning on selling the PW but decided to get a hydraulic for it too. I have not had time to set th unit up yet - maybe the next rainy weekend.

19. g7777777

loading on a spolar is nearly as much fun as shooting

it is fun

so what is that worth?

regards

Gene

20. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Sorry Bar Fin, my Mecs will do 400/hr, but I usually go a bit slower than that. I have a PW for the .410 and it is a really nice machine as well. I am not a tite-wad, but I will be honest here and say that I cannot convince myself the $1600.00 400 shell per hour Spolar makes better shells than my 400 shell per hour MEC. I have 3 shotshell reloaders, the MECS are set up for 1 1/8 oz and 1 oz shells, the PW is for the .410. Total cost for all three is less than one Spolar. for the Spolar fans, you have not described a single feature of the Spolar that makes it worth all the money. why would I actually spring for $1,600.00 and still have a machine that can load 400/hr, just like my MECs??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

does a spolar reloader make better shells than a mec 9000gn