1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What about the Super X2

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Old 870, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old 870

Old 870 TS Member

It seems like the discussions are always about the 1100 and 391, I have both. But what about the Super X2 or X3 for sporting clays? I'm interested in any pros or cons for this gun. Again I already have an 1100 and my wife a 391 for trap so I don't need that argument.

Oh by the way, I shot sproting clays for the first time last weekend and it was the most fun I've ever had shooting clays. I'm hooked.

thanks in advance Brian.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Certain guns become popular for various reasons, not all of which are valid.
    The Super X-2 is an excellent gun, based on the design of the Browning Gold auto, but actually more reliable without the speed loading feature of the Browning. I have seen the sporting clays model for sale for $700, less than half the price of a Beretta 391 Teknys Sporting clays.

You can get the it painted red or in natural wood, with the dura-touch finish that gives a nice non-slip grip. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to get one,

3. bbdanging

bbdanging TS Member

Bought a X2 sporting clay 2 years ago. Very nice oil finish stock adjustable with shims. Very nice gun for the price.

4. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

I won a Super X2 about 5 years ago(or more) at a raffle. Hence my handle.

It's a great shotgun.

Tim

5. emm2

emm2 Member

I had one for 5 years. I shot the heck out of it and could not kill it. It will still malfunction in freezing rain and below freezing temps. I would not hesitate at all to buy another one. Shane

6. shooterchick

shooterchick TS Member

we have 3 X2's and we have shot sporting clays, and waterfowl and upland wih them. Great gun. i would highly recommend them, they are very duriable, and extremely hard to shoot out.

7. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I thought it was just me, but I have read more about the Browning Golds having more problems than the SX2. I think the red receiver models are pretty cool looking.

8. ryvpete

ryvpete TS Member

I have a X2 that I use for duck hunting and it has proven to be much more reliable than the Browning Gold Fusion I sold to get it. The Fusion was a pretty gun but the X2 is a workhorse. Fusion used to be my single shot automatic shooting sporting clays when the temp got into single digits. My X2 handles all season duck hunting without a through cleaning. Basically the same gas piston but the X2 works so much better. I can't explain it, I just accept the fact based on my personal experience with the two. I would purchase another X2 in a heartbeat.

Bust'em All!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

used super x2 duratouch