1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What about the AARP?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tbuster, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbuster

tbuster Member

Is the AARP a supporter of the anti-gun movement? I have never joined them because I have never really been able to find out for sure. I have responded to some of there mailings by returning a note asking about there stance on gun control and the answers that I have gotten are very vague. I there anyone out there that can tell me for sure just where they are at? I sure don't want to not join if they are at the best nuetral but will never join if in fact they do support the anti-gun movement. Thanks

2. Remo

Remo TS Member

They are in favor of gun control.

3. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Huge supporters of Hillary's original healthcare proposal that would have nationalized 1/7 of our economy. I send every correspondence back with an obcene note.

4. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

They support everything a Republican hates. What's that tell ya. Coward democraps.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

AARP is a complete hustle that was spawned to sell insurance to older people.

They claim to save you premiums costs but most of their stuff is higher than what a good independent agent can do for you.

They send me a cardboard temporary card every year and I use it for hotel discounts.

Other than that, useless.

HM

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Gun "control"? More accurately, they are gun prohibitionists. Worse, they advocate no self-defense for seniors. I guess they'd rather have dead seniors than dead criminals.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

I've written AARP starting at age 50 when they first recruited me, then 55, then 60, and they just might have skipped later dates. Each time I've said I'm not interested in their products due to their stand on our second amendment rights. Each time they respond with form notes explaining how their clients have been poled often and AARP supports what the customers want. I write back to the head man and the same garbage comes back. If I keep the pressure on, they just return to form #1 and start over again. They contribute to anti gun politics and supporters. They have never, not even once answered somehow why they would take a stance on any subject that would eliminate any even small group of recruits to their fold. Never once.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. tbuster

tbuster Member

Thanks to you all for the input. Pretty easy to see where they stand. Glad to have the info. and I sure won't be sucked into there discount bait.

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

AARP is ANTI-GUN! They prey on old people and use fear and other tactics to manipulate their audience. Stay as FAR away as you can! You can get better discounts on your own. Some of the health policies they sell can be had for the same money as an individual. It's not worth joing their organization.

10. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I think that you will find that most motels will give a "Senior Discount" that is the same price as the "AARP Discount". The bottom line is that the motels don't really give a crap if you belong to AARP or not. Statistics show that senior citizens will generally take better care of the room and cause less disturbance than younger adults...... hence the discount to "senior citizens".

BTW, many of them consider 50+ years old to be "senior". I think that many on here will qualify....... easily. (wink)

11. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

Most join for the insurance which isnt all that great.

Do like I do...file 13.

Gerald

12. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Was sitting in an office the other day and the only thing they had to read was the AARP magazine. I found an article on the upcoming elections and the candidates on both sides. They even included pictures of the mansions that most of these turkeys (no disrespect to natural turkeys) live in. How can ANY of them claim to understand and know what is best for most voters when they haven't been living in reality for years or maybe even decades? I found the Net Worth balance sheets reinforcing this major concern. It looks like just a popularity contest for millionaires who don't have a clue! IMHO Omaha

13. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Omaha, that's the governing class you see. Of course they don't really give a damn about the little people anymore than most entertainers do. the 2 party system keeps them in power, and most people's minds can't go any further.

HM

14. goldy

goldy TS Member

Love the AARP self addressed envelopes. Just tear out anything with my name and stuff it all back in and send it all back on their nickel. Been known to add enough to make it postage due. Lots of my friends do this too.

One of life's little pleasures. .Goldy

15. tbuster

tbuster Member

Thanks again for all of the feedback and ideas. Glad for the info. and I am reading each response. Really reinforces what I have been suspicious of all the time.

16. GRR

GRR TS Member

Goldy...You are right, been sending them back for years also credit card companys. I receive far less junk mail know. I always add enough extra to get the rate up. It helps the land fills in my area.

17. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

B DODD...Their survey is faulty and flawed because they are taking it from thier members who are also anti-gun...should they take a survey from the gun owners who are not members because of thier stance, I assure you the survey results would be quite different. Many times leaders in an orgaization can slant members to their own agenda as in the case of a politician who says my constituents want this or that. You may point this out to AARP in your next correspondence if there is to be any. regards, Ed Nichols Binghamton NY

18. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

trapperwads, I'm with you on this. I've asked hundreds of people that admit membership in AARP and not one ever admitted to having contributed to an AARP survey on ANY subject. I've been fairly successful in convincing many in looking into State Farm, Morgan Stanley, Blue Cross, AAA, and other sources for their investment and insurance needs. My next correspondence? They've finally figured out I'm not interested and apparently eliminated my name for the junk mail. The real question they refuse to answer is "Why take any stance that will turn potential customers away from them?" They can't answer that except with the "We do surveys..." bovine fecal matter....breakemall....Bob Dodd

19. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I dropped them when I started getting questionnaires on race,sex religion ect. Asked them why all the interest in info that was none of the business. They stated they were trying to better serve their members. A load of horse manure. Still get info from them. Will do the fill their envelope and return trick. Jake

20. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Bobby Dodd has it right. I refuse to support a group that wants to take away my firearms...............Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.