1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What about DeHaan Shotguns?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stskid, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stskid

stskid TS Member

Anyone own or know anything about DeHaan shotguns. They look very nice but I'm concerned about quality at that price point!

Any feedback?

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

from what I've heard reported on this site...they are to be avoided for serious trapshooting. Some trigger metalurgical problems have been mentioned. I don't know that anyone has bought one and put 10K rounds through it in a season yet. They have nice engraving (at least as far as can be seen in photos) and can be ordered with some very tasty Turkish Walnut but it appears they are kinda like putting a big $$'s paint job and fancy wheels on a Pinto....looks sharp but it will still probably blow up soonmer than later, IMHO.

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

They are very good for the money- don't believe those who just repeat what some moron told them.

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

5 people at our club bought them for just playing at skeet cause they were cheap. 3 have had to fix their triggers. 1 still has his, the rest were all sold. Some had trigger pulls from the factory as high as 8 pounds.

5. darr

darr Well-Known Member

I would think for hunting they would be fine.If you are going to shoot 10000 shells a year they probably won't hold up.I have a friend with a 20 side by side that he hunts with that he loves.If you want one buy one.Just remember what you are buying.They are pretty guns.I just don't know how they will hold up.I considered a 4/10 o/u but they don't make them with screw in chokes so I didn't.Like I said buy it if you want it.They are not that expensive,they are nice looking and some on this sight are not happy unless you spend $5000 on a gun.Have fun shooting whatever you do.

Darr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.