1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What a reloader worth

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tncriswell, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tncriswell

tncriswell TS Member

I am looking at buying another 410 reloader. its a mec 600 jr that has just under 200 boxes reloaded on it? the guy wants $125 for it is it worth that or is that too much? and how hard is it to set this loader to load 3 inch shells its set up now to load 2.5? any info is welcome.
    Thanks Teddy

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

They make a kit to allow the Jr's to reload 3". You can buy the loader new with or without the kit. $125 seems a little steep, at least to me. I picked one up a couple of years ago for $50 that was virtually NIB.

ss

3. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I would look for a MEC Sizemaster instead. The collet sizing die does a much better job than the sizer on the Junior.

Jim Skeel

4. mkstephen

mkstephen Active Member

I second Jim's recommendation above. You'll be glad you bought the Sizemaster with the collet.

Michael Stephenson

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Teddy, That loader in the 410 ga. costs more than the 12 and 20 gauge do. Currently selling at 170 dollars, plus local tax and possible shipping depending on where you live. So Now you know, as your loader (sounds as new in box). Yes you can change the press over pretty simply. First off you need to pull out bolt on base and raise the center post up l/4 inch and install in other bolt in other hole. Second you will more than likely need to remove the final crimp and push out the push pin and move it into the other hole and expand the unit while doing this and re-alain push pin in other hole. This will change the lenth of the unit. You should be making it longer in lenth. The pre-crimp will adjust easy and the powder and shot tube adj. easy if it needed by the set screw just above the wad pressure indicator. This may not need to be adjusted. I had to re-adjust mine in the other way a couple of years ago. When I bougth it used. Mine was set up for 3 inch and I had to re=adjust it for the 2 l/2's. Not that hard. I'd say he is offering you a fair deal at a $125. I'd have to pay the l70 plus tax and shipping as well. So it would be around $200 or so new. Plus Mec has a help number you can call and they will help you set it up as good as new. Good Luck and break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.