1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

What a Prius is good for!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by birdtracker, Feb 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

thought this was pretty good. Birdtracker

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

SCRAP ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. andybull

andybull Active Member

I own a 2008 Prius which has over 130,000 miles, I just had to install a third set of tires, 44 to 52 MPG, depending if it's all highway or not. My GMC diesel truck does 16, my Dodge Durango does 13.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Let me guess..an electric BBQ??

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOvp69lnZbA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOvp69lnZbA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ss

6. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Funny, but I don't appreciate that snooty Brit implying that the movie Deliverence was NOT a documentary!

-Gary

7. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Nine is older, but with less miles, '05 w/63,000. Same mileage, 41-51. No problems. It is not a "daggester (was not suppost to be). I will cruse with most anything on the rosd, just set the cruse control, and up and down hill/mountians with ease. Don't know about the top speed, have not seen over 90 mph (in Idaho). Just my story, and I am stickin' to it.
    Norman

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Interesting review, Norman. How does your boyfriend like it?

Just kidding!! -- I know you don't have to be gay to drive a Prius. Jeez.

It definitely helps, though.

-Gary

9. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

What a Prius is good for!,,, helping the economy of Japan,,,

10. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

YA & what do GM & Chrysler have to show to match it. A bail out by obamee??? Come on Ford-sters. Show me which Ferd does it better. And NO,I don't have or drive one. I just happen to think they are way better than anything similar that is out there. And it came out 6 years ago. Why haven't GM,C.,or Ford topped it. They have had 6 years to do so,right. Yup,Toy screwed up. Name me one automaker that has not had this type of recall.

11. ron (vt)

ron (vt) Member

Own 2007 with 33,000. Fifty plus mpg is common on trips, got extremly close to 60 last summer on trip to Maine. Wife's idea to buy one, I wanted the Camry. Only problem, the normal battery (not the hybrid one) gave up the ghost a month ago, replaced free by Toyota. Con's, I wish it had more room for luggage, placement of the rear windscreen wiper, no telscoping steering wheel, and a slightly longer seat track for tall people (I'm 6'2"). Very happy with it.

Be Safe.

12. GW22

GW22 Active Member

RunGun & Ron: Relax, we're trying to keep this light-hearted! Let's focus less on the actual car and more on the offensive jokes.

-Gary

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Just had a crazy thought?!..If I chained a half dozen of those end to end behind my Superduty..full of tree huggers of course....and I got my normal 13 mpg....does that mean I'm now getting 13mpg+(6x50mpg) Interesting thought..313mpg

14. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

OK,Gary. And thank you for reading my comments & your response.

15. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Why is it that Prius/hybrid drivers feel compelled to drive in the fast lane. It seems like everytime a car is holding up the show it's some hybrid owner that's driving in the fast lane at or below the posted speed limit?

ss

16. crusha

crusha TS Member

Damn commies.

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

SS: It's called "Look at Me!" Syndrome.

-Gary

18. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

I could buy two Ford Focuses for the price of one Prius. The Focus is going to turn in 32 MPG on the highway with certainty. So, how much gas do I have to save driving the Prius to offset the cost differential? Several years worth. Smoke and mirrors folks. What about that little deisel he was talking about?

19. EE

EE Banned User Banned

I drive a Civic (not hybrid) during the week and a truck on the weekends. I don't have a problem with anyone driving a Prius, but of the few Prius owners I know personally, they are all snobs about their cars.

EE

20. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Q: What are they good for?

A: So their owners will fit in more readily at the Rainbow Coalition gatherings.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.